Beach Soccer

Soon the two ladies were at the beach. Jade looked around, and saw that Penny was sitting in the shade. Jade then went to introduce her mother to Penny. The two older ladies instantly becoming friends. Jade them walked off to meet up with Bradley who was setting up what looked like a soccer game.  

Bradley smiled when he saw her approaching, "Good afternoon Renegade! I see your mother arrived in one piece, however, I question why you let her sit with Penny. Wouldn't you want to keep them apart, Maverick and your mother I mean" 

Jade shook her head, "You invited us to dinner yesterday, so it's your fault that they'll be so close. No, my mom understands. She knows not to hint at anything. And we all know Mav won't connect any of the dots. He's not the brightest sometimes." Jade laughed. 

Bradley snorted, "Yeah, especially when there are pretty girls on the beach around" 

They both laughed as they waited for class to start, Bradley explained to Jade that they would be playing double defense/offense soccer. He described it like Dog Fighting. 

Soon the entire class was there with their parents,  The students were in the middle of the soccer game when Maverick started introducing himself to everyone. The students were hot and sweaty, The boys had all lost their shirts and shoes - and honestly Jade had to admit that Bradley looked absolutely stunning. His tanned skin shone in the sun, dripping wet... Jade told herself to pay attention just as the other team scored a goal. 

"Get your head in the game Ren!" Maverick shouted at her. She turned to look at him, turns out he was talking to her mom, but Penny gave Jade a thumbs up. 

"I got it Maverick! Shut your trap!" She shouted angrily. She marched over to the sidelines, and threw off her shorts, ending up in just her bathing suit. She redid her hair, "Come at me boys" 

"Hello I'm -" Maverick began introducing himself to Jade's mother. 

"Hello Pete" She smiled at her daughter's instructor. She was going to let him know who she was, possibly hint him along, but Penny explained what Jade was going through at the moment. 

"Oh my god! Jessica! It's been so long! How are you? Why are you here?" He sat down in front of her and Penny. 

"Yes, yes it's me, Pete. Im doing good. I'm here for my daughter, Jade" She smiled, knowing how Maverick LOVED paying attention to detail, she knew he wouldn't put the two pieces together. 

"Well I can tell you Jess that she is easily the best pilot I've seen in a while, she'll be top of the class for sure. She's already beating the others by at least twenty points. She even beat me and Bradshaw in a dogfight. Earned me four hundred pushups!" He laughed. 

Jessica was confused, "Bradshaw? You don't mean little baby BB do you?!" 

Maverick nodded, "yup, he's right over... well right there with your daughter actually. The two have been hitting it off I'd say." 

When Jessica looked over she saw that Jade had just scored another goal. She and Bradley had done one of those super cool double high fives, Penny noticed that the handshake was the same that Goose and Maverick would do. Maverick had seen Jade make the last score of the game and he blew his whistle and started clapping. Jessica laughed - Maverick was also naked on his top half - "you better get a rein on your man Penny Benjamin before all these moms try to steal him"

Maverick had dismissed the students, who all immediately ran into the water to cool off. After they cooled off, they went to see their parents. However, they were chanting Jade as she went back to her mother.  

"looks like someone is, miss popular" Jess smiled, "How's Top Gun? Is it everything you hoped for? Did Cyclone yell at you about my letters as I asked him to?" 

Jade laughed, but it just came out breathy as she recovered from the game. Bradley laid out a blanket for them to sit on. They both sat, Penny, handed them water and sugary snacks. Once she drank the entire bottle of water, Jade answered her mother, "I'm amazingly popular sure mom. I love it here, mostly everything I hoped for, a few bumps but all good so far. I beat Mav in a Dog Fight. And yes, Cyclone yelled at me" 

Bradley looked at Jessica, "Hello I'm Bradley. I'm Jade's BFF. Nice to meet you. Yeah, she beat us by going inverted above us." 

Jessica laughed, "You're funny little BB. It's nice to see you all grown up, you probably wouldn't remember me, but while you're father and Mav were stationed in Arizona before going to Top Gun I changed your diapers. Your father would be proud of you. Also yes, jade is very much like her father. Sometimes I wonder if I did anything to make that child. " 

A few minutes later Maverick joined them sitting on the beach and laying down on the sand, " I am exhausted! What's for dinner Pen?" 

Penny huffed, "For the last time I am not an office utensil Mav! And it's fish, whatever our neighbor Johnson caught on the boat this morning." 

Mav crossed his arms, "I don't like you talking to him. He flirts with you too much!"

Penny looked at her fiance, shrugging, "I get free fish, so I'm okay with it. It's not like I have a husband in the Navy who can fish and sail a boat" She said the last part loudly so the entire class would hear it. They all oooohhhhed at him, like middle schoolers. But that's what the top 1% of Navy Pilots were like, Middle schoolers.