Dally's unknown sister

The wind blew fiercely and the girls hair became a mess of waves. She groaned as she sprinted down the corner of 63rd street , bumping into crowds of besumed people who were giving her looks of disgust. It wasn't her fault she was hungry it was just a piece of bread, they would get over it they didn't need to call the cops! That's exactly why Kara Winston was running so fastly at such an early hour of the morning.

     Of course none of this would have happened if he didn't abandon her.

     She though bitterly as she continued running .

     Of course aunt Patricia and uncle Jim were no peiece of pie but, with Dallas there everything was better, then he just had to leave without telling her anything. They had mistreated Kara and blamed her for all of their problems, finally she just left she couldn't take it any more. And that's how she got there on the streets of New York stealing food for survival.

     Kara was so deeply immersed in her thoughts she didn't even notice that she had stopped running and she soon felt the cold clammy feeling of hand cuffs clutching her wrist holding her captive. She tried to move out of their iron clad grasp but it was no use she soon turned and saw the cold reluctant gaze of the beaming police officer.

    They had finally got her , what was she to do now ?

Kara's pov

     Wonderful another social worker like I hadn't seen enough of them over the years here was another one again trying to help me. The woman this time looked serious as she looked over my file report and made a tsking noise. 

"Well, it seems to me like you were living with your aunt an uncle is that right?"

     She paused dramatically as she adjusted the glasses on her face. All I could think was , oh joy this one is crazy to. So I just said,

" yes mam"!

     Her gaze at me seemed to soften.

" we'll at least you were taught your manners last girl I had just spit in my face".

     She said as she made a slightly disturbed face. 

     A couple hours passed after that and all that time she just kept looking over my case file. I began to fidget nervously constantly wondering whether she was going to make me go back to my aunt and uncles house or send me to some foster home. I shuddered at both of these thoughts, finally the social worker looked up at me in an inquiring matter and started to study me. Then all of a sudden she started talking again and looked suspiciously excited.

" I have such a good idea"!

     She squeaked in a voice full of  three octaves higher than usual.

" I'll send you to live with the Curtises"!

     I guess I had a confused look on my face because as soon as I opened my mouth to speak she cut me of.

" The curtises are a very nice family of boys, tragic really they have no parents, died in a car crash, Darry the oldest one is about twenty ".

     She said smiling at me.

     All I could think of was what a strange situation this was, a foster home with all boys. Usually they would stick you with some old couple that would constantly tell you how adorable you were and pinch your cheeks. As I mulled over my thought she kept talking and making these really Wierd hand gestures suddenly through my thought I made out a name I didn't want to hear again.

"Dallas"?

      I asked stuppedly as my voice shook. " yes , he is your brother after all ,the curtises are more suitable to live with, but you'll see him don't you worry! And of course you'll attend Tulsa high school and get a proper education "! She said with a smile on her face and a glazed look in her eyes. I slumped in my seat thinking , oh joy this day couldn't get any better!  The last thing I heard the social worker say before I dozed off was something about them sending someone to the curtises to tell them about me and my arrival. But , how does that concern me? I thought in a tired, dazed, stupor. Little did I know , it would affect me alot.

A usual day at the curtsies house

Pony boy pov

     As i woke up with a start I began to recall the events of yestarday evening and nervously brushed my fingers through my hair. 

Flashback

     Dally was running down the street he had just stolen cash from a store the cops were after him they almost pulled the trigger! But , at the last moment a social worker van pulled into the road stopped and people came out and ran full speed toward the police and dally. They talked in hushed tones to the police, Darry and Dally.

     At one moment I saw Dallys face become awfully pale, but it soon subsided. And he returned to his usual cold demeanor. At the end of the conversation dally handed the money to the police reluctantly. Soon after that dally and Darry came over and explained to us what had happened. Dally has a sister, and she is coming to live with us! Although dally looks quite nervous about it.

End of flashback 

     I shook my hair and began to get up then I suddenly remembered that Johnny was dead I sat back down on the bed and choked back a sob .

Why did he have to go and die on me ? 

       I suddenly felt sick to my stomach but knew I had to be strong because soon Kara was coming and I had to show her that we were good people, and not to misbehave to much