Meeting the Curtises

Hey guys thank you so much for reading u all r soooo amazing ♥ okay but pleaaaaassse review cause then i will definetly write more love u guys :)

Kara's pov

     The car ride to the curtsies is long and boring and the social worker is still talking , I swear it never stops! Well, the lady gave me some of her old daughters clothes all I can say is that I look like a freakin soc. Not that I'm not grateful though she gave me a lot of clothing , she seems to really like me, I have no clue why. So, I decided to listen to her talking I might as well she's been so nice to me. " Darry's the oldest , I think you'll like him , I know I sure like him". Oh dear god, she's getting that look in her eyes , I need to ask something anything! " are there any others"? I asked in an innocent tone, then mentally slapped myself, of course there were. But she took no notice and just kept droning on. " Then there's soda pop Curtis , but people just call him soda, he can get any girl he wants "! She sighed and looked pretty desperate again. It was pretty funny seeing a lady fawning over boys half her age. " Oh and there's pony boy he's about 14 and last year got in some trouble but its all okay now". " But, please don't be a pain to them they just lost someone dear to them." She looked at me with pleading eyes. "Alright, I promise". I said this should be fun having to act perfect with people I don't even know! Soon the car lurched to a stop and I looked wide eyed upon my new home. 

Pony boy pov

I had just come down stairs wearing some of my nicest clothes while soda was making a multi colored cake. Darry wasn't home yet but I doubt he'd approve! Suddenly we heard a car lurch to a stop outside of our house. I took a huge intake of air because I was pretty sure I was about to meet Dallys sister.

Kara's pov

I took a huge breath of air as I eyed the shabby little house in front of me. So, this was were I was going to live from now on , not that I wasn't grateful I was! It was just that it was so small, I had no clue how three let alone four people all slept in this house. I ran a hand nervously through my dirty blond hair and smiled knowing, as shabby as this house was it seemed very nice and warm. Like how hot chocolate was on a cold winters day! I took a huge gulp of air and decided to be brave and just walk in. But then Mrs. Gumuck, who was the social worker , looked at me with troubled eyes and said. " I'm very sorry dear but I just got a call about another one of my cases do you mind going in by yourself?" This was the woman who gave me a home, clothing, and has been treating me as her own daughter . Even though I'm very afraid of meeting my new family I decided not to be a burden much longer." Oh that's fine". I said plastering a fake smile onto my face ." Thank you so much for being so nice for me". I confessed with a genuine smile on my face. The social worker had a heartbroken look on her face as she handed me my bags from the trunk. Suddenly she hugged me and whispered " Just be safe okay there are a lot of things that happen in this town". She hesitated as if she wanted to say something else but, she smiled at me and said a quick good bye. Before I even knew it the expensive car had zoomed off leaving an array of leaves floating through the air. I nervously chewed my lip and wondered what would happen if the didn't except me? Would they accept a girl who looked and was dressed like a soc?

I took a deep breath and decided to  just knock on the door , I mean that's not so hard right? I shakily took five huge steps to the door, took a gulp of air, and knocked. For a second I stood frozen thinking about the worst possible outcomes of this situation . But the sudden jolt of the screen door made me jump back. I soon saw a man of about twenty something years old with dirty blond hair that was slightly tousled. He had huge muscles and had a kind glimmer in his deep brown eyes. " You must be Kara". He explained in a somewhat startled voice. I wondered what he was expecting me to be like? A part of my brain muttered, not a soc that's for sure. " Come in ". He said in a kind but gruff voice.  I slightly hesitated but followed him just the same. As I walked into the living room I saw four faces that all had fake smiles strewn across them. I sighed, I hated when people pretended to be happy just for the cause of someone else. As soon as I walked into the room  I saw most eyes go wide in disbelief. Wonderful, I thought, great they're gaping at me to. Did I have something on my face? Then I realized that it was the uncomfortable clothing that I was made to wear. I had probably been  standing there with a dazed look upon my face  so I decided to break the awkwardness. " Hi I'm Kara Winston". I said with a genuine smile on my face. 

Sodas pov

Darry just walked into the living room with a girl with long dirty blond hair, blue eyes, and she was dressed like a....SOC!!!! I never excepted Dally Winston's sister of all people to be dressed like a soc. No one said anything, you could feel the tension in the air. She looked very confused for a minute then looked down at her clothes and a look of realization dawned on her face. Suddenly she said" Hi I'm Kara Winston"! She had a huge smile on her face that reached her eyes. I decided to take the first move when suddenly Two Bit sprung up from his seat walked over to Kara, winked and said. "Well, hello there, I'm Keith Matthews but most people call me Two Bit ." He said pausing to take a bite of his chocolate cake. Which , yes he had carried with him, I sighed , suddenly Two bit started to talk again. " Wow I thought Dally's sister would be pretty but never this pretty". He said a faint blush covering his cheeks. Suddenly he jolted up. " Wait I didn't say that out loud did I" he asked, his face turning cherry red. " Let me tell you cake does funny things to you". He said while rubbing the back of his head. A melodious sound rang through the room , we all looked surprisingly at Kara who was in the floor holding her stomach and laughing. Then Two Bit started to laugh and there they were laughing on the floor like two idiots while we watched them with bemused looks on our faces. 

As soon as they were done Kara rubbed her eyes and smacked Two Bit in the arm jokingly. " Two Bit Matthews I haven't laughed so hard in so long". She laughed with mirth in her eyes. "Well the pleasure was all mine ". He said doing a weird bow. " After you". She snorted copying his exact movements. I looked at them and realized just how much they looked like a couple and felt jealousy boil up in my stomach.Wait, what ? How could this be happening just a couple minutes ago I had still been heartbroken over sandy but then this girl came along and changed everything !

No One's Pov

Sodas thoughts were all mumbled up he didn't know what to make of himself anymore. Little did he know , this was just the beginning.