Grease

hey guys sorry for the wait... I was actually super busy I hope that you like this chapter :) I worked really hard on it so pleaaaassse comment and THIS IS THE LAST FLASHBACK CHAPTER if you want to know what happens to Soda next I may add some more flashback chapters later :) Thanks please comment/favorite....enjoy

*last time*

Soda ran all the way home, and as he opened the door he ran past his whole family. He ran all the way to his room that he shared with Pony boy, plopped down on the bed, and just sobbed. Soda never felt different, but that night, it put everything in perspective for him, that was when everything started...
*********

*Flashback*

School, some are extremely excited for this get together and some absolutely dread it. Soda was ecstatic, he couldn't wait to see his friends and was literally jumping off of the walls the morning this ceremonious event came.

*********

After the incident, Soda hadn't seen Mike or Naomi for the remaining days of the hot, sticky summer. He had often tried to call them with an eager, giddy Two-Bit sitting next to him, but, Mike always had steady excuses to avoid adventures. Over the phone he sounded tense, and strange, but, Soda brushed off this occurrence and got ready to see his best friends in his brand new school.

Tiffany was often disappearing from the Curtises small home and didn't return until dusk, eyes gleaming and hair sparkling. Soda felt a constant jealousy of her, for he felt as if she was constantly with Naomi, who also avoided his calls. Instead of spending his summer adventuring with his friends he spent the remainder with Pony boy and Two- Bit. The boys lounged around the Curtises house and often played football with Pony boy who often just sat on the sideline and read his huge collection of books. Soda and Two-bit would tease him for this, while Pony would cry and run off to tell Mama. The boys often ran after him and pleaded for him to stop crying. 

That morning, Soda decided to ignore his summer and move on, he planned to spend the remainder of his year with the people he trusted the most. Getting his old, worn green backpack on his shoulders he quickly tied his shoelaces and eagerly began to gulp down his breakfast.

"Eat slower or you'll swallow your tongue". Teased his mother who was washing dishes in the brightly colored kitchen, smiling at her young sons. "Na ah mama, that's not possible"! Exclaimed Soda feeling older by the minute at the prospect of going into Junior High. Suddenly, Pony boy burst into tears and pushed away his hot breakfast away. "Mama"! He wailed hysterically. "I d0n't wanna swallow my tongue"! Marie Curtis smiled at her youngest son who was irrationally balling and holding his tongue. She briskly walked over to him, picked him up, and began to soothingly rock him back and forth. "Baby, it was just an expression". She whispered rocking him back and forth while he dribbled on her blue blouse.

She sang a soft, melodic song which was very familiar to Soda. Pony was named after the song and now was a glowing, happy child, laughing along to her sweet voice. (www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJRDXAsG... this is the actual song :) please listen). Soda continued shoving his food into his mouth and when hearing the loud, booming footsteps he quickly shoved half a piece of bread into his mouth and spoke. "I'm ready"! A deep laugh was heard resounding throughout the small house as a man with evident laughing lines, and blonde hair came into view. "I see sport, but you may want to put on some pants ". He said in a tone coded with laughter as he pointed out his sons lack of trousers. Soda turned bright red and hurried up the stairs, he quickly picked up a pair of light blue jeans, threw them on, and hurried back down the stairs almost knocking down a dazed Darry who yelled an indignant,"hey"! Grabbing an apple and his school bag, Darry escaped the confines of his home and settled into the beat up car. His father joined him in a minute with a running Soda behind him, hair disheveled, bag wide open, and excited eyes.

The whole way to school Soda questioned Darry about Junior high, what it was like, what they had for lunch, and many more questions. Until a red-faced Darry exploded in Soda's face. "I don't know, find it out yourself"! Slumping back in his seat and pouting, Soda stared out of the window at the fast moving scenery. "Now Darry, don't give your brother a hard time, it's his first day and all". Exclaimed Mr.Curtis in a strict tone that made Darry shrink back from his father.

Soon they arrived at Soda's desired destination. Gazing at the school a dazed look appeared on the young boy's face, looking around he saw familiar brunette hair and quickly rushed out of the family car. "Mike"! He hollered, causing an array of students to look back, annoyed at him.  Mike gave him a strange look, unlike any other, and kept walking, ignoring Sodapop completely. Soda stopped, shocked, bewildered by what had just happened.

"Still hanging out with that greaser trash I see"? Came a strong, masculine voice that belonged to Steven Smith, one of the two brothers of Mike. Now Steven was an eighth grader,and at the top of the food chain in junior high. He was also a jock and the quarterback, in other words, the star of the football team, all the girls fawned over him. What didn't he have?

With a smirk he walked over to Soda, his chiseled arms crossed and his expression smug. Soda backed up, his face red, a look of panic splattered on his face. Mike avoided Soda's gaze and kept his eyes on the ground, suddenly very fascinated by the laces on his shoes.

Out of nowhere, Naomi and Tiffany walked by causing Steven to grab Tiffany's arm and pull her up front. "Tell him, how you told me that he can't even afford a new pair of pants! Your cousin spilled all of your secrets to me". Soda's eyes widened and shot pleading gazes at Tiffany who averted her eyes. But, Tiffany had promised, they had a pact! Soda's mind raced at the speed of light, horrible thoughts and images filled his mind.

Before he came to his senses,  a group of people had formed around him and were chanting. "Greaser"! In the blink of an eye, Soda felt something cold and sticky on his face. Putting his fingers up to his face he realized, that it was grease. "Don't ever go near my brother or his friends, you dirt"! Yelled Steven smoothing some more grease onto the poor boy's face.

Soda ran as fast as he could, hot tears spilling down his pale, grease clad cheeks. He ran all the way home and sat on the cold steps, knowing that no one was home.  That was the day when everything changed....when Soda realized how harsh the actual world could be.

So any thoughts?? come on guys you can tell me...but seriously spill your guts or favorite ;).