No Fear!

I updated!! Ik shocker right?? I'm so sorry for the wait :( what can I say I'm extremely lazy anyways I worked hard on this chapter please comment and tell me how I'm doing ;) enjoooyyy

Kara Shay Winston hated needles for as long as she could remember. This hate increased tenfold when she ran down a curvy New York street, fell, and sported a huge wound. Leading to a vast amount of blood to be discovered on the old dingy sidewalk. Kara went to the one and only Tim Shepard to stitch up her wound and let me assure you Tim Shepard is no doctor. Since hospitals tended to contain an abundance of needles she tried to avoid hospitals and there patients at all costs.

This led to the wonderment of what she was doing in front of the huge white doors that proclaimed ‘Emergency room’. Gulping down her fears and steadying her shaky knees Kara bolted through the huge white doors evoking an indignant “hey” from one of the nurses.

She had seen Steve being rolled into this room mere seconds ago and her bold senselessness caused her to act without thinking. Standing in a sea of white Kara realized that here all the patients looked the same and were very unrecognizable. One factor was abundant, all patients were surrounded by doctors being pulled from the brink of death. Fear seized the girls stomach as she saw the abundancy of needles in this never ending room, it was as if this was her personal hell.

Although Kara had only just met Steve she felt a vague sense of responsibility for his accident. ‘Stupid, stupid girl’! She thought as she looked around the room. ‘If you had just stayed put and been responsible for once none of this would have happened’!

Suddenly, a very annoying nurse with blonde hair grabbed Kara by the arm, escorted her out of the room, and snapped. “Authorized personnel only”.

Left behind Kara felt the hopelessness of the situation encapture her. The realization came to her mind that it was truly and simply all her fault. She should have never wore those stupid Soc clothes or ran out of the Curtises house! Feeling desperation and defeat the girl was about to head back to her room when a deciding factor hit her mind.

The clock made a soft pang as the still tension reverberated through the dreary hospital waiting room. The cheery decor on the concrete walls did nothing for the desolate mood of the occupants. Pony boy stared solemnly at the clock he couldn’t help but think that any second their friend could die. Tearing his gaze away from the aged clock the boy looked at his older brother inquisitively. Soda stared intensely at the wall one hand clutched the armrest on the cheap linoleum chair while the other laid unoccupied in his lap. His face was red and tear-stained, his glassy eyes were fixed on a tangible point.

Suddenly, a commotion occured in the eerily quiet waiting room. A girl with whitish blonde hair ran out of the hospital wings and looked strangely frail and out of breath in her white hospital gown. “Young lady”, cried the old stern receptionist from behind the desk. “What do you think you are doing? You should be in bed”! “I have to see someone, please, its urgent”! Cried the girl with indignancy. Before the old lady could utter a syllable the girl continued. “Their friend is in critical condition, please”. A look of understanding became evident on the receptionists face as she complied. Pony boy looked up to find the owner of the voice to be, Kara! He fixed his eyes on her form only to see her run past him and promptly stop at the feet of Soda. Soda met her gaze finally tearing his teary eyes away from the yellow walls. Her eyes held concern and understanding and without speaking it felt as though the two of them understood each other quite well. She soon gave Soda a warm bear hug which he needed very much and proceeded to comfort the other members of the Curtis family not excluding Two bit who was sitting sourly regarding the recent display of affections.

Soon two hours had passed, the receptionist promptly fell asleep her double chin becoming  evident. The waiting room remained eerily silent but the tension had eased because of the presence of one very special patient. Soon a nurse arrived into the room and proclaimed in a shrill voice. “Who’s here for Steve Randle..”?

 In the silence of the night a lone figure was seen standing in front of the homely Curtis house. If you were to look closely you would be able to determine that in fact this figure was a girl. While her arms held copious amounts of luggage she strode up to the house and knowingly reached under the door mat. ‘So they have kept the key here all these years’. She smirked, unlocked the door, and entered the tiny house.

Ahh mischief ;) so thoughts? comments? Something?!?!