First date of the summer (part 2)

!warning!
!homophobia, cursing!

Annes pov

Me and marcy take our seats in the theater. I begin to realize that there's some people staring at us. They look disgusted. I swear if those people ruin this date I will-

"Hey Anne?" "Yeah Mar Mar?" I reply. "Are those people looking at us weird?" She said it in an uneasy tone. "Mars who cares what they think. We have each other and that's all that matters." I then kiss her on the cheek to calm her down. "Thanks Anne I really needed that." She then gives me a sincere smile that makes my heart flutter.

I look back to the people and now they're walking up the stairs. Next thing I know they're seats are right behind me and Marcy. I can tell Marcy doesn't like this because she begins to bounce her leg up and down. Seeing this, I take her hand in mine in hopes to calm her down. The bouncing slows until there's no more.

A quarter way through the movie it begins to get more darker and morbid. I look over at Marcy and see she's doing fairly well.

Out of the blue a jump-scare comes up and Marcy grabs a hold of me. I move the armrest up so she can be more comfortable. She digs her face into my chest. As I begin to play with her hair I can make out some whispers from behind me.

"Bro look at them."

"Fucking weirdos."

"I would rather be dead than be gay."

They continue to whisper more things. I start to hear sniffing coming from Marcy. "Hey Mars what's wrong?" "Those people behind us. They keep saying terrible things." She squeaks. "Don't listen to them, they aren't worth your tears." I pull her closer and she puts her head on my shoulder. I rest my head on hers.

I hate seeing her cry.