-ℕ𝕖𝕨 𝔽𝕒𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝔸𝕟𝕕 ℕ𝕖𝕨 𝔼𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕚𝕖𝕤-

With the rain gone, the sky was painted grey, the world beneath it slightly darkened by the shadow of clouds hanging overhead. With her hands shoved deep into the pockets of her hooded coat, (y/n) trails after the group of men before her, her smaller body hidden behind their more massive forms. (y/n) figures they make everybody they stand near look tiny considering they all seemed to be built like African baobabs. Turning into a wide alleyway, shoes splashing through puddles, (y/n) finds herself sniffing the air instinctively. Her (e/c) eyes widen suddenly upon smelling something familiar.

"Where is she?" Dean's gruff voice cuts through the air, anxiety evident in his tone when he turns to Bobby for answers.

"She said to meet her here." Bobby pulls out his phone and quickly dials a number into the device, "I'll try her again."

Figuring now would be the best time to tell them, she reaches out and tugs onto Dean's thick jacket sleeve, eyes searching the area around her to try and pinpoint where the smell was coming from using her other heightened senses. Dean glances over his shoulder at her, eyebrows furrowing upon seeing her grabbing at his coat. He seemed uneasy being near her still, however, (y/n) knew this was more important than his comfort.

"What is it?"

(y/n) felt like that movie dog, Lassie. A hound reporting a crime to her owners through a series of unintelligible barks. If she weren't so serious right now, she would have laughed at the thought. "I can smell blood."

"What?" Sam turns to face the girl, both brothers now staring at her through widened eyes. She avoided their gaze, still trying to figure out exactly where it was coming from.

"Blood and a lot of it." She explains, finally meeting their concerned faces, "The scent of it is strong. It's coming from nearby."

As if on cue, the muffled ring of a telephone echoes throughout the alleyway, all of their heads snapping toward the direction it came. Bobby, still holding his phone up to his ear, gives the group a mournful look. Without speaking, (y/n) sprints in front of the men, following the scent and the sound to its source. Snapping out of their daze, the men are quick to follow after. Beat-up sneakers soaking up the grime-filled puddles of water as she runs through them, the phoenix finally finds what she was tracking. Peering from the side of a navy blue dumpster, her (e/c) eyes land on a body, slumped over against a wooden palette. The hunters arrive a few seconds later. Bobby is quick to kneel down by the woman's side, rough hand gently grasping at her shoulder.

"El?" Calling out the nickname, the woman's eyes flutter open.

"Hey..." she forces a smile, chest rising and falling shakily with every labored breath she takes in, "I guess I could have used your help after all..."

"What happened?" Sam asks the woman, light eyes scanning her coat-covered form for any signs of injury.

"They took me" she is quick to turn to Bobby, chuckling lightly, "I got away"

"She's hurt." (y/n) finally speaks up, the group staring up at her in confusion. Motioning sadly with her hand, she points out the way the woman covers her abdomen with her thick jacket. Bobby, understanding, reaches down to gently pull away the fabric. Beneath the tan coat bloomed a deep rose-colored smear of blood, her white shirt stained red and clinging to the wound as it continued to seep up the strong-smelling substance.

"Oh, Ellie..." Bobby says her name affectionately, sadness lacing his words as he examines the growing blood stain, "What did they do to you?"

"Everything" She chuckles bitterly in response, eyeing each person as she explains, "The demon I could have handled, you know? But when the angel stepped in..."