-ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕝 𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕐𝕠𝕦 ℂ𝕒𝕟-

Time seems to still completely, the air growing too thin to fill already struggling lungs. Trying to calm her heart within the fleshy auditorium of her ribcage, the empty space only amplifying the already deafening sound in her ears, (y/n) can't help but stare at the angel, or rather God, standing before her. The power she had felt within him seemed to have only grown in intensity since their attack. The souls. It was the souls that she was feeling. As a phoenix, whether she liked it or not, she was connected to her sibling races and that fact was only proven right by the tug on her heart as she faced Castiel. They were all there, the souls of her family bound by blood, screaming out for help and straining at the seams of a tightly packed meat suit begging to be unzipped. A bomb, she realizes. Castiel was a bomb with too short a fuse for her liking and the capability of reducing her human vessel back to its original form. No. Not just reduction, incineration. Castiel, with all of those souls within him to give him the support he needed, could kill her if he truly wanted to. For the first time in a long time, (y/n) was terrified. When Bobby begins to speak, his voice like a knife as it cuts through the tense stillness that surrounds them, the phoenix is able to fend off the impulsion to run long enough to listen to his bitter words.

"Well...All right, then." The group watches as the man begins to sink down to his knees, landing on the broken tile below him with a groan, "This good, or do you want the whole 'forehead to the carpet' thing?"

When Castiel doesn't answer, eyes narrowing in suspicion at the older hunter's movements, Bobby turns to stare expectantly at the others. He was asking them to join him.

"Guys?" he questions through clenched teeth, wrinkled face twisted in frustration as he silently pleads for them to understand. Luckily, it's enough to break them all out of their daze. Sam, Dean, and (y/n) all mirror Bobby's actions from before and silently drop down to their knees. However, this only seems to anger Castiel who watches their every move, his hands balled into fists at his sides.

"Stop." He commands this through a sigh, words tinged with disappointment as he continues slowly, "What's the point if you don't mean it? You fear me. Not love, not respect. Only fear."

"Cas-" Sam is barely able to get the syllable out before Castiel raises his hand to silence him, dark brows furrowing deeply upon his forehead.

"You have nothing to say to me." He motions to the bloodied blade resting upon the table next to him, "You brought a phoenix to incinerate me and then stabbed me in the back. Get up."

Like pawns on a chess board, the angel's demand is met with complete submission, the group quick to stand upon their feet again with hearts pounding within their chests at the anticipation of any more orders. When none come, Dean is the first to move on his own free will. Taking a single, albeit hesitant, step forward, (y/n) can't help but feel pity toward the sadness she finds held in the hunters' eyes. It was obvious the two of them must have been close before this, (y/n) understanding that feeling of heartbreak all too well.

"Cas, come on." Dean pleads, the vulnerability he feels evident in the softness of his voice, "This isn't you."

"The Castiel you knew is gone" The angel responds coldly, his stoic demeanor only further frustrating the hunter trying to reason with him.

"So what, then? You're just gonna kill us?"

"What a brave little ant you are..." Castiel's voice is low, condescending in nature, and accompanied by an amused smile, "You know you're powerless, you wouldn't dare move against me again. So I have no need to kill you, not now at least. Besides, you were once my favorite pet before you turned and bit me"

Just as he's finished saying this though, his attention seems to be drawn to the phoenix standing behind Dean, his eyes darkening when he meets her more frightened gaze. When she doesn't look away, an act of defiance in his opinion, his jaw tightens beneath his skin.