-𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥'𝕤 ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕝 𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥'𝕤 ℕ𝕠𝕥-

"Sam?"

No answer

"Sammy!"

Dean shouts the name as if a command, the frustrated roar echoing throughout the hauntingly still air as the hunter storms his way into Bobby's home. With the phoenix following closely behind him, warm (e/c) eyes frantic in their search of every corner for any sign of their long-haired companion, both (y/n) and Dean continue to fill the uncomfortable silence with their panicked calls. When they don't get a response, they move as one through every room inside the home before forcing themselves back out with increasing disappointment after every search. Sam was gone.

"Call Bobby, see if Sam is with him." Dean barks out the demand, tossing his mobile device to the phoenix before stalking off to continue his search for the missing hunter out in the junkyard.

Quickly scrolling through his contacts to find the familiar name, (y/n) dials Bobby and holds the phone up to her ear. With her eyes still anxiously searching the empty living room she stood within, the phoenix listened to each agonizingly long ring of the device before nearly jumping out of her skin when the pattern was interrupted by a faint click.

"What do you want, ya idjit? I'm busy-!" his words are laced with annoyance once he finally answers the call, however, Bobby cuts himself off when he is not greeted by the familiar gruffness of Dean's voice on the other end.

"Bobby, where are you?"

"(y/n)?" the older hunter questions quietly before stuttering out an answer, "I-I'm helping out a friend right now, Sioux Falls General Hospital. Is somethin' wrong?"

"Please tell me Sam is with you." She begs him, the desperate plea leaving her lips just as Dean re-enters the room to impatiently pace around the woman still waiting for Bobby to give her an answer she wanted to hear.

"I left him home..." he finally responds, letting out a grumble of frustration before adding, "Shit, he's ain't there, is he?"

"He's not with Bobby." (y/n) swiftly relays the information to the anxious hunter by her side before watching him rush over to one of the laptops on the kitchen table, throwing open the screen to begin furiously tapping across its black keyboard.

"Find him, (y/n)" Bobby's hushed plea beckons her ear back to the phone's speaker, the phoenix cradling the device against her face as she listens to the shaking sigh he lets out, "Please."

"We will, Bobby, I promise..."

Bidding him a quick goodbye, offering gentle reassurance despite feeling as if her hand was going to shatter the device within her iron grip, the phoenix ends the call and makes her way over to Dean who was still frantically clicking through fluorescent white pages of text on the laptop. (y/n), watching as he pulls up some sort of GPS, stuffs his phone into the pocket of his jeans.

"What are you doing?" she questions quietly, staring at the man's profile as he mumbles to himself.

"I had a feeling that this would happen." he explains bitterly, eyes intensely focused on the glowing screen in front of them before smashing his finger onto the 'enter' key. They both watch as a small red dot fades into existence on a map of their county, blinking like the pulse of a heart. "Now we can track his phone. Come on."

Without saying another word, Dean lets his long legs carry him the distance to the back door before promptly throwing open the screen panel, the wooden frame it hung upon splintering from the force. The phoenix, following quickly after as if the shadow of the larger hunter, clambers back into the passenger seat of the Impala just as Dean revs his engine.

Suffocating in the anxious frustration he exuded, (y/n) glances to her side at the source. "He couldn't have gotten very far. We'll find him, Dean."

This, however, only seems to stoke the flames of the already agitated hunter. With a frown pulling at his stubbled face, eyes dangerously dark, Dean mutters out. "I know we will...I'm just afraid of what we'll find."