-𝔾𝕠𝕕'𝕤 𝕊𝕦𝕓𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕥𝕦𝕥𝕖-

Leaning back into the splintered wooden chair, balancing herself on two of its creaking legs, (y/n) stares up at the towering walls above. Creating a curved ceiling, the top is carved out to make way for an almost overwhelmingly massive fan. The metal blades supply a light breeze as they rotate, each thundering turn shaking the bolts that held it together. Suddenly, a pained groan fills the air that causes the woman to jump, the chair tipping over and sending her body tumbling to the floor. Quickly getting back onto her feet, (y/n) rushes over to Sam's side, kneeling next to the iron-framed bed as she watches him writhe around on top of the blue-striped sheets.

"Sam?" She calls out the name as softly as she can manage, her eyes steady upon his pained expression when he whips his head from side to side.

"D-Dean?"

He almost sounds like a child, vulnerable and weak when he whimpers his brother's name. Tears quickly follow after, the clear streams forced out as he squeezes his eyes tight in a desperate attempt to rid his mind of the agonizing throb gnawing at his skull. Her body reacts faster than her thoughts can, hands thrusting forward to gingerly cup his cheeks between her palms. Careful to avoid the iron rods that encompassed the bed, the phoenix forces his head to lay flat against his pillow and swipes back the hair that clung to his face. Her knuckles brush past the flushed skin of his forehead. He was burning up. It was as if his body was trying to boil him alive, fighting against an infection that wasn't there.

"You have to calm down, Sam, you're overexerting yourself." She tries to talk to him through the thick fog that had crowded his mind, desperately trying to break through his body's panic response in an effort to keep his fever from getting dangerously higher than it needed to be, "You're okay, Sam, just relax and you'll be fine."

When her words don't seem to reach him, she resorts to more drastic measures. Continuing to mumble incomplete sentences, the fear he felt evident in the tremble of his voice, (y/n) soothes him through the gentle stroke of her hands across his face. He stills, seemingly surprised by the grounding touch. Taking the brief opportunity of calm that had overtaken him, the phoenix is quick to urge the heat of his body forward until it is seeping out of his pores through wisps of energy. (e/c) eyes glowing a faint clementine beneath the dull light above, the woman successfully transfers his warmth into the pads of her fingertips until his temperature is brought back down to more normal levels. He groans in response, a relieved sigh escaping the woman's parted lips at the sound.

"Sam?" She calls out to him once more, hands retracting themselves from his face and resting at his side. Upon hearing her muddled voice, he stirs slightly, body shivering as he tries to shake off the exhaustion that had settled within his aching bones.

"Dean!" The name leaves his lips suddenly, voice a desperate cry that echoes throughout the cell as the hunter tries to make sense of his surroundings. (y/n) waits patiently by his side, carefully watching his form as his chest rises and falls rapidly. He's still crying, fists gripping the sheets beneath him as if letting go would plunge him back into the nightmare he had just come back from. Letting him take a moment, light eyes frantically searching the empty iron walls, (y/n) hesitantly opens her mouth to speak.

"Sam-" He flinches upon hearing his name, head snapping down to stare at the woman still kneeling at his side, "It's just you and me right now."

"(y-y/n)?" it takes him a second to recognize the girl in front of him, "You're still here?"

"I made a deal, didn't I?" She responds quietly, pulling up the wooden chair to sit in. It's here that she finally allows herself to release the tension in her own muscles, dispersing the heat she stole from his body throughout her own through a slow roll of her shoulders. It doesn't take long for the added warmth to settle comfortably within her flesh, one final shiver overtaking her form before she can continue teasingly, "Unless, you wanted me to leave?"