-𝔻𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕋𝕣𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℍ𝕠𝕤𝕡𝕚𝕥𝕒𝕝 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕗𝕗-

"What do you mean, I can't see him now?"

Pacing in an anxious line across the width of the hallway, the phoenix growls out in frustration at the nurse who was trying to match her every move in a pitiful attempt to block the prowling creature from leaving the waiting room. Although she had promised that she would avoid drawing unnecessary attention to herself, (y/n) was finding it difficult not to shatter that clipboard of his over his head.

"Ma'am, as I told you before, Mr. Winchester has not disclosed whether or not he is accepting visitors and is unable to do so until he is conscious." The nurse sighed in exasperation before tapping a single, irritating, finger onto the thick stack of paper he had been trying to pawn off on her for the last hour, "Now, if you could just fill out a few of these pages so that we can get a better understanding of your medical history-"

"The deal was that if I let you bandage me up then I get to see him." (y/n) tries her hardest to keep herself from spitting out her words, teeth clenched tightly as she continues, "I'm not going to fill out anything until you let me into that room."

"Yes, but we need to keep a record of all of our patients." The nurse pulls out a ballpoint pen from the pocket of his scrubs and dangles it in front of the phoenix, the creature's eyes narrowing at the condescending action, "If you want to give your consent to continue receiving our care, then you will need to provide-"

Throwing her bandaged hands up in the air with a groan of annoyance, (y/n) allows her fingers to curl around nothing in an effort to satisfy her nearly unbearable urge to strangle the man in front of her. "I don't need any more of your 'care', got it? I'm fine!"

"Ma'am, you have suffered a severe traumatic wound and will need sutures to prevent infection-"

"You'll be dealing with another traumatic wound here in a second if you don't-"

Before the phoenix is able to finish her, poorly executed, threat to the nurse who is just about ready to call for security, she is suddenly cut off by a harsh thud that freezes them both in place. They both listen for a moment until another, much louder, thud followed by a muted grunt of pain has (y/n) slipping past the nurse to open the door he had been dutifully guarding until now.

"Dean?" The phoenix calls out to her hunter, quick to drop herself down to the ground when her eyes land upon the gown-covered mass groaning against the cool linoleum tiles, "I'm here, Dean, I'm right here."

"Tweety?" he croaks out against the floor, barely able to make out her form through the haze of morphine in his system

When her sensitive hearing picks up the rapid increase of his heartbeat within his chest, the pounding organ quickly creating a growing symphony of panic, (y/n) reaches a hand down to cup a reassuring hand against his shoulder. Although he was still having trouble recognizing her muddled features, the unmistakable warmth of her palm against the thin fabric of his hospital gown was able to lull him back into a brief state of calm. "You're safe, Dean, you're okay."

"Ma'am, until I have the patient's proper consent-" the nurse from before squawks out his protest, watching in agitation when (y/n) ignores him in favor of gingerly dragging the hunter up from the ground, "You must wait in the waiting room."

Depositing the swaying Winchester back into his bed, carefully repositioning his casted leg until his pained expression loosens, the phoenix finally turns her attention back onto the nurse who was now impatiently holding open the door for her. "Look, I already told you that we're family and the patient obviously does not mind me being here, right? Can't we just call it a day?"

The nurse's face twists in annoyance, visibly hesitant to comply when he recalls all of the harsh bouts of nearly destructive fits she had during her time here. However, when he ultimately decides that it is not worth the hassle to argue with her anymore, or rather too afraid to continue resisting the woman who gave off uncomfortably powerful energy, the nurse finally leaves the pair alone with a huff. Before (y/n) can revel in what she believes to be her own personal victory, she finds herself shrinking slightly at the strange expression Dean wears when she meets his gaze