Chapter 3

SAVANNAH

It has been weeks since I got married to Giovanni but we have been acting like strangers in the house. He hardly comes home and when he does we don't talk at all. I remembered when I asked him if I could go out and look for a job, he just shouted at me saying my movement is none of his business and I should not go about behaving like a whore around other guys. I felt insulted but there was nothing i could do.
Am done dressing up and on my way to Denver library were I work... I love reading books and helping people find books of their choice that was why I volunteered to work at the library not far from the house.... I run out of the house to get to the library on time so that Lucas won't get angry . Actually Lucas is the manager of the library and my very good friend but he does not know am married because Giovanni said we should keep our marriage a secret..
Hey Lucas am sorry I came late I kind of over slept I explained myself to him but he just smiled and told me not to worry since there is no much work to do... I arranged the books that were been brought to the library and reshuffled everything. By the time I was done, I sat down beside the window and began reading a book I picked up but my mind was elsewhere. I don't seem to understand why Giovanni hates me.. I have done nothing wrong to deserve this hatred at all. I was lost in thought that I did not know Lucas had been calling my name to attend to a customer.
After attending to the customer, Lucas asked me if I was alright and I nodded my head positively but he seems not to believe so he asked out for dinner to lighten my mood but I declined but after several pleas, I agreed to go out for dinner with him unless I pay for the food because Lucas has been the one paying for everything and I see him like a big Brother figure.
We have closed for the day and Lucas and I are on our way to have our dinner at a restaurant of my choice.. By the time we arrived at the restaurant we got down and headed to our sit waiting for our orders to be taken... We talked and talked and I felt more relaxed with him but I did not know my smile was going to end very soon and my night would be ruined....

😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔
I feel bad for Savannah
No one knows what is going to happen to her at all
I just hope she would be ok
Am kind of scared for her

But let's find out in the next chapter