Chapter 5

SAVANNAH
             I woke up early this morning but decided to stay back in my room because I was avoiding Gio. I did not want to face him after what happened last night which was still hurting me... I decided to wait for an hour to leave the house since the Ghost would be clear by that time.. I took my shower and got dressed ready to meet with Veronica at our usual cafe

I came downstairs and was surprised to see Giovanni sitted in the living room with a cup of coffee and a newspaper.... I greeted him but he did not respond to my greetings but I decided to try again... Good morning Giovanni I greeted again but he did not respond back.. As I went to the kitchen to take my breakfast, he stopped me and I thought he wanted to apologize for last night but was shocked when he said I should never call him Giovanni but Sir Demakis... I began laughing but when I saw his hard face, I stopped and realized he was serious but I decided to push my luck by saying NO but he grabbed my wrist and tightened his hand around it which caused me to wince and accept to call him that...
He left the house in his normal moody self and did not bother to ask me to enter his car... I finally left the house and got a cab towards the cafe to meet Veronica.

I entered inside the cafe and met Veronica sitted at our usual spot which was beside the window. Hi V, how are you doing and am sorry about how I was sounding on the phone last night... Have you ordered anything I asked her but instead of replying me, she just hugged me and told me how much she has missed us hanging out together. So babe gist me about everything that has happened since you got married to that hot sexy Greek god.... Veronica said. I became sad and she asked what happened which I eventually told her everything.... I noticed an emotion in her eyes but was not able to decipher it. She encouraged me and told me to be strong and try and win his heart.... We talked and made up for all the lost time and after then, she left saying she had something important to do... I stayed back a bit and decided to go to Sir Demakis house since it is not my house....

What do you think Veronica is up to???
Was Savannah doing the right thing by telling Veronica about her situation