The morning after

A/N: couldn't resist cause I genuinely like this part. it was almost 3k words, so I split it into two chapters. I like where I ended it, though. Also public apology to AnistonFaniston143 for taking inspiration for a couple jokes. I love you <3 

The next morning, David woke up at 9AM and felt incredibly happy over the fact that it was a Saturday, so he didn't have any real commitments to address first thing. He stretched his arms and sprawled on his bed, his mind wandering back to the night before, their kiss, and just thoughts of her in general before he was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard a knock on his bedroom door.

"Come in." He lifted his head and shouted before putting it back down. He heard his daughter come in giggling and get on the bed with him, his phone in her hand. "I was in the kitchen and noticed Jen texted you. So how much of this date are you going to tell me about?" Cleo asked as her father hugged her and kissed her head.

David immediately pulled away from his daughter, the look on his face going from goofy to a bit more of a serious mode. Hers on the other hand was goofy and hopeful. He took his phone from Cleo and read the text:

Jen:

David, honey I know you're asleep, but as soon as you see this please text me back. Papz or someone followed us back to my place last night and got photos of us making out. They were posted online sometime overnight. I'm completely freaked out for Cleo's sake. I do NOT want them invading your privacy or harassing her. I talked to my rep and denied any romance rumors for the time being.

David:

She just brought in my phone. I don't think she's seen anything yet? She hasn't said anything beyond asking how much I plan to tell her about the date. Did you want to come over and have breakfast with us? Maybe we can both talk to her. I don't think we have anything to worry about, but I love you for worrying about her. Along with a thousand other things I love about you, anyway.

David quickly heard his phone go off again, with Jen's approval on screen. "Alright, I'm going to take a quick shower, then I will make breakfast for us and tell you all about the date. Sound like a plan?" He asked as he stared at his daughter, a wide grin on his face. She smiled and kissed his cheek, "Sounds like a plan to me! Love you, dad. Glad you're happy!"" she then jolted off the bed and ran to give her father privacy.

David's shower ended up taking longer than he anticipated. When he got downstairs, he noticed his daughter had pancakes prepared, chit-chatting away to Jen. "Sorry that took so l- Jen. Hi! Wow, it took way longer than I imagined." "You took half an hour. Jen's been here for the last 5-10." Cleo mentioned, nodding her head toward the woman sitting at the kitchen table. Jen waved innocently and giggled. "I told your dad I was coming by. I wanted to talk to you both about something." Jen replied. David grabbed the pancakes that were already cooked and brought them to the kitchen table. Cleo picked up the last couple and put them on her plate before joining her dad and Jen.

"Soooooooo?" Cleo asked, not letting the silence linger too long. Jen and David looked at each other, then back at Cleo. "Well, as you know Jen and I went on a date last night. I brought her home like the gentleman that I am, I ended up kissing her and as it turns out, we were potentially followed home by the paparazzi. That part is not confirmed, but images leaked online. So it could have been the Papz or anyone. I should have been more careful, but with the wine we drank... I wasn't drunk, but tipsy and brave enough to kiss her in the open without fully thinking about the consequences. It was nearly midnight by the time we got back, so that also contributed to thinking we would not be seen."

"I know your dad told you about the date, but I just didn't want you to feel blindsided if you saw the pictures of us kissing before we told you since they're already floating around online. Didn't want it to be a 'DAAAAAD WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME YOU WERE STICKING YOUR TONGUE DOWN JENS THROAT?!' Situation." David spluttered his coffee as Jen spoke and laughed loudly.