chapter 7

The meeting concluded an hour later, Jen and David stayed a couple extra minutes so David could sign the contract. They made it back to David's hardly noticed about 10 minutes later, having to be extra careful to not be spotted as it was lunch hour and traffic picked up immensely. David decided to make some smoothies for lunch, which they enjoyed on his rooftop. "Hey Jen?" David asked as they sat on the loveseat, his arm around her shoulders lightly Jen looked over at David as she took a sip of her smoothie. "Hmm?" "Thank you. Thank you for thinking of me for this role. Thank you for trusting me, for liking me just a tiny bit." He said, the last part sounding sarcastic. She put her drink on the table in front of them.

"Well SOMEONE had to hire you to stop you making those damn coin master ads!" her eyes filled with adoration as she spoke. David's jaw dropped, but his face was amused. "Oh so THAT was the true motive!" He quipped back in response. Jen giggled. She rested her hand on his knee, giving it a gentle squeeze before locking eyes with him. "I truly thought this would be a great time to reunite on screen. Covid still being a thing sucks, if we could cheer people up with a reunion on another show, I'm all for it. The Friends reunion was well received." She then let go of his knee, "And I love you. I think this will be fun. It will help us build trust, even though we are pretty secure in that regard...I think. It's new, it's kinda exciting." David looked at her and shook his head, chuckling lightly.

"What is it?" Jen asked, looking a bit bewildered. He furrowed his brows. "You just want to see me naked." He replied teasingly. She playfully slapped his arm, her face was a sarcastic sense of disbelief, but also her face engulfed in red as she blushed intensely. "That is NOT true! At most I just wanted a reason to kiss you without it being weird." She half lied. She looked into his eyes, and she saw the same adoration staring back. He broke eye contact to put his smoothie on the table next to hers, then pulled her a bit closer. "The fact that you're blushing brighter than a tomato makes me think otherwise. I think after last night and this morning it's safe to say you don't need an excuse to kiss me." His words were barely audible as their lips hovered. "Shut up and kiss me then, Schwimmer." she gently requested as she leaned in and finished closing the gap between them, their lips meeting in a gentle but loving kiss.

David pulled away almost instantly. Jen kept her eyes closed, but opened them when she felt him get up. She looked at him a bit disappointed, but then wondered what he was up to. He went behind the loveseat and pulled out a big sail-like shader. He went over to a single pole opposite of them and attached the narrow side of the sail to it. Shading them from the sun in the process.

He sat back down "Sorry, I'm being extra careful this time. Don't need any drones seeing us." Jen smiled and shrugged as she leaned into him. "That's ok." And with that, their lips met again. One arm found its way around his neck, while her other hand cupped his cheek, his hands rested comfortably on her waist. The only sounds they could hear were the sounds of their lips and soon enough tongues moving in sync, their breathing getting the tiniest bit heavier, and the light sound of rain beginning to fall. The air around them began to get more and more intense and heated as the arousal rose to the surface.

After an intimate minute or so, the couple was jolted back to reality by the sound of thunder off in the distance. "Guess that's our cue to go back inside, huh?" Her tone of voice in a bit of a dreamy state as she was still processing the fact that they were just spontaneously kissing like this now, and being grateful that her past fears were put to rest. David nodded. He quickly undid the shade sail, poking it back behind the couch and running back inside, Jen grabbed their smoothies and did her best to run in without getting soaked.

"I should swap out of my incognito clothes. Aside from offering you a ride back to your place, I don't really need to be anywhere important." He announced as they got to the living room. Jen put their drinks down on the coaster that were on the coffee table. "You wanna watch? Me getting changed, I mean. Could fulfill your dirty fantasy right now of me being naked in front of you... Again." He said with a wink and a smirk, desperately trying to hold in a laugh. Jen just burst into a fit of giggles. "How the fuck do you say that without laughing?!" She exclaimed.