TOW round 2

A/N: I promised this would go up on Monday 'or sometime this week' and I'm glad I said sometime this week cause I revised and changed this a fair bit. Also there's a slight spoiler/reference to the opening scene of Scream 5. I mention another scene, but I don't say characters other than 'Ghost Face' 

The next morning, David practically leapt out of bed at 8. He jumped in the shower, ate breakfast, then started raiding his cupboards. "Ok, good. I just need to order a couple of things. That should arrive in a couple hours." He noted out loud before placing his order online.

Then, he got another idea and started looking for a contact on his phone, before hitting call

"Hey Schwimmer, what's up?" Courteney asked as she answered the phone. David smiled as she answered, feeling relieved it didn't sound like he was waking her up. "I have a quick question about Jen that I never really thought to ask her dad about when he gave me the info over 20 years ago. Loukoumades: yay or nay on the drizzled honey?" Courteney gasped in response. "Oh you're making Loukoumades?! Definitely with! Prepare for that woman to fall even more for you!" Courteney teased.

David chuckled, then gave Courteney a TLDR of the last few days. "So instead of going out and causing a stir with the media AGAIN, I suggested we stay in and I would cook. Might try to convince her to watch Scream 5 since I haven't seen it yet, not sure how well that's going to go." "Oh that is going to go SO WELL." Courteney quipped the most sarcastic tone. He smiled gently at the mental image of Jen hiding her face in his chest. They talked for a few more minutes about this and that before they said their goodbyes.

Then he heard his phone go off with a text.

CC:

Hurt her and I'll hurt you.

David's eyes widened before he let out a laugh.

An hour or so later, David was cleaning his downstairs bathroom when he heard the door open. He went out to find a broad, semi muscular bald headed man walk in with a bag. "Schwimmer, You're making me nervous with this shopping list." The man said nervously as he proceeded to the kitchen and putting the bags on the countertop. "Why on earth are you nervous, Dom?! How hard can Loukoumades and Pastitsio be?!" David replied amusingly.

Dominic stared at David, his eyebrow raised, his face turned smug. "So she's Greek, huh? And how did you meet this one?" The man asked quizzically and jokingly, knowing full well that he was most likely asking a question David won't answer. He was shocked when he heard David's reply. "Yeah, this one's Greek...She's been in my life for the better part of 28 years. Let's just say I met her when I was done with Hollywood, she and another few people convinced me to stay a while longer. Those few people and a few fruit baskets!" he ended with a joke as he noticed Dominic might feel a bit regretful overstepping boundaries. "She was kind of the one that got away. I'm not letting go of this chance." David added

Dom nodded knowingly, then looked at his phone. "I gotta head out, but good luck with the food. You don't need a 'good luck' on her, but good luck. Can't wait to officially meet her." David subtly nodded then high fives his friend. "If I need any other favors before 6, I'll call you." He called out as Dominic left.

David then turned his attention to his countertop. "Alright, Schwim. Time to impress the woman you love and remind her that you still know a thing or two about her after all this time." He said before pulling up a YouTube video for each recipe on his iPad, making sure to listen and watch intently multiple times to not screw it up.

That night came quickly. Jen felt knots in her stomach as she was getting ready. Luckily David suggested they stay in, he'd cook and they could watch a movie, so Jen didn't have to fret too much about what to wear.