1

THREE MONTHS AGO

THREE MONTHS AGO

That bartender was hot

That bartender was hot. I should've got her number for a quick hit. That'll be a great way to return the favor. It was nice of her to keep my wallet safe. Still...I should check to be sure. It's rare to find a wholesome woman these days. Also, phones can hack the chip on cards and withdraw straight to a device. Cash can be stolen over airways. There's no need for ATMs anymore. I remove my wallet from my pocket as I walk the dim golf course. From my jacket, I pull out my phone and log into an app that connects each card balance. The first four have a balance of $10 billion, and the other six hold $7.4 billion. 

So blondie was telling the truth? Now I really want to share my appreciation. The paved walkway of the golf course curves into a parking lot. My navy, red Drako hums there. Its triangle spotlights slice through the night. My ride senses when I'm close and raises its doors. The white suit I wear flaps in the wind as I dip inside. She was fun. I wonder what her name is. Most blondes are either Jessica, Blake, Ariana, Rebecca. Amy. It's probably one of those. The Drako seals its doors. I rev the engine and blaze out of the lot. The tires burn gravel-the crisp wind tussles my hair. 

My mind travels back in time to the dirt bike races I attended. I'm spoiled by speed-a true speed demon. I miss air gliding, the height, the deadly jumps. Work is limiting my thirst for being a daredevil. I can't go away for weeks for tournaments anymore. All I can do is golf. Jet packing, skydiving, space trips, and submarine tours are currently unavailable. I must be in close vicinity of Strygent labs and tower at all times for business. Playing an old man's sport isn't my choosing. I'll never know why my investors dote on it. They're lucky I need their support. 

I steer the beast ahead effortlessly, whipping the machine around corners. The growling engine hardens me. The reckless driving excites me...just as that hottie did. What is it about snarky women? Why are they such a turn-on? This one especially. She seems hard to get. Not money hungry like the other women I've fucked. This one is a challenge. 

The sports car darts between meager opponents who obey the limit. The reflections of the towering skyscrapers flash the glass. I floor the gas to beat the red lights. The penthouse smells of booze and sex: just how I left it. I go to the bedroom, where three naked women sleep. Their busty breasts are out, and their legs are sprawled together. I take off my blazer and walk to the dresser to store my wallet. I lock the drawer with my fingerprint. It beeps, and shutters close. These bitches will rob me for more than I'm paying them. If not all.