34

I shower at dawn, then go to my office to review monthly expenses

I shower at dawn, then go to my office to review monthly expenses. Warehouse utility bills. Laboratory bills. $25k in total. I send out the payment. Next, I view emails from Orbe Industries. They've made updates to our car design. 

The car has old-school charm. It's based on a model from 1962. The Alpine A110. There's evolution to the past style. A sporty clash, muscle body with character to its front design. The headlights are doubled, there's 4 instead of 2. The lights add a quirky attitude. I confirm the blueprint by clicking on an approval button attached. Next, I check my voicemail. 

Velma left a long one. "You two can't drop off the radar! I'll no longer represent you or Madison if you keep this up! I shouldn't have to run Madison's account for her! Call me immediately! You two don't appreciate my hard work! I've been losing sleep trying to fix this fucking mess! If you don't call by the morning, I'll drop you both as clients!" 

"Ugh..." I huff out, annoyed. I dial her number.

It doesn't even ring fully before the line clicks. "I'M BEYOND PISSED!!! The hype for the wedding is fizzling. No trending charts, your names have hit rock bottom. I need activity."

"Give us 3 days."

"No! At least shoot videos from the Island. Give me something!"

"Fine...." I give in, knowing we need her. "Once the wedding locations are a go, we'll film videos of whatever you want."

"I have a list. There's a lot to do."

"We'll get it done." I terminate the call. Someone taps on the door. "Come in."

Alonso enters. "Sir, your father and brothers wish to speak with you."

"Send them in." He exits. I prep for the visit. I don't know if I should be harsh or calm. I'm used to defending myself around them. I decide to stand. My family isn't out for blood...for now. Meaning I can be inviting.

Father wears a relaxed outfit. A gray golf shirt and pants. Tom is even more informal in a deep red sweater fit. Sam is dressed like a basketball player. A vintage Lakers jersey set. Good...the more down to earth they appear, the better the day will go. "Hey, son." Dad pats my shoulder. Is that a grin on his face?? "Your mother commands us to get suits. Unless you already have some." 

"I bought them last week."

"I get the best one." Tom nudges Sam. "Sorry, middle child is the same as the baby boy."

"No, it's not, I'm older than Jace." Sam squirms away from Tom's annoying elbow. "Stop!"

"As of right now, I'm the oldest. You two lack maturity."

Dad gives a harsh laugh. "He's got you two with that one."

Tom advances my way to poke me. I don't give him the satisfaction. His nudges are hard as hell. He aims for my sides. "The baby king will whine and show his true colors."