22

I showcase this to Jace, who strides into the kitchen in a gold suit

I showcase this to Jace, who strides into the kitchen in a gold suit. I'm sure it's real. It's a velvety texture. It's loose and airy. A sexy 1970s style. "Congratulations, bunny!"

I hop around like a goofball, imitating a bunny. "Hippity Hop." 

"You're insane."

"Hippity Hop." I continue my silliness. "Do it with me." He does a tiny hop. I burst out in giggles. I stop to peck his lips. "Aww, that lil bitty hop."

"I'll do a bigger one after you sign off on the building."

"Oh, right, the jumbo one."

"Yes." He cage his arms across the middle of my back.

"Do I have a cool gold outfit like yours?"

"You do...a gold power suit. It's waiting on the bed."

"Ooo, let me get into it." I slide my palms from his waist to his ass. I grope the juicy booty. "I'll be back." I squeeze it before cat-walking off. I shower, brush my teeth, and complete my 5-step skin routine. The suit is velvety, just as Jace's. It's chic and vintage. The heels are crisscross straps. I strut out of the dreamy bedroom, fierce and confident. 

In the foyer, I find Helen. She holds a tall stack of letters. I've never seen so much mail in my life! She cheeses my way. "Ms. Hart, you have fan mail."

My mouth drops. "What?!" I hurry down the steps. "Whoa! Like actual fan mail?!"

"Yes...by the looks of it, at least 300 letters." Hel hands me the stack.

"How did they know I was here?"

"Every move you and Jace make is tracked."

"How can I go through all of this?!"

"Well, the assistant here is yours now too."

I grin wickedly. "Oh...is she?" This would be a nice payback for her condescending behavior from last time. The red-haired woman with a body she bought. I recall what she said when I asked for Jace's number. "I'm sure you're aware of his schedule. There's no guarantee your call will be a priority." How she nastily ranked my appearance with detest. "Where can I find her?" 

Helen guides me upstairs. I get over my fear of revisiting it. Having a victory outweighs trauma. We don't pass the room anyway, it's on the opposite side. There's a receptionist desk around the corner. It's placed before a giant black-white mountain picture. The ginger sits at the desk. She dials a number as I approach. "Hello, again."  

The bitch is a dear caught in headlights. "Oh...um...Ms. Hart." She hangs up the phone and puts on a lighter tone.

That's right, correct yourself. "I have an errand to assign. Jace and I will be out today on business. Please sort through my fan mail and reply to each."