46

(PLAY THE VIDEO AND READ ALONG
PLEASE READ SLOWLY)

The band performs a charming version of Unchained Melody. The lead singer has a wispy, soulful voice. A perfect match for the classic love song. We start with a smooth dance. It's a mixture of slow dance and foxtrot. I peer into her bewitching eyes as we sway. The hundreds of lanterns reflect in her irises. Reminding me of the glow I've always loved about Madi. The aura of her soul that attracted me in the first place. I witness a time capsule of our journey within her beautiful eyes. I'm forced to remember all of our precious memories.

A feisty bartender in a sunny country club. The spark of love at first sight. The warmth of my soul at the sight of her. The way my heart thrived on her presence. How my soul crashed from the news of the accident. The way I begged Madi to come back to me. The helicopter ride. The days I spent at her bedside. Her body wrapped in bandages.

How I bargained with God to switch places with Madison. The doom I felt when she stopped breathing...and the relief when she took that breath. Kissing her forehead and leaving when I wanted to stay to see her wake from the coma. The separation anxiety. The pain in my gut. I dip her slowly. The sassy satisfaction of hers makes me smirk. I lean my bunny back up and go on with the waltz. "Do you like the song?"

Mrs. Harrison nods eagerly. "I love it."

We waltz in a diagonal line, our feet sweeping the concrete ground. The sun is nearly gone from the sky. The tip of the orange orb is all that's left in the dimming horizon. The falling darkness is majestic and contrasts with the rushing ocean. The sea waves ripple dark pink, same as the sun rays glimmering against the stone arena.

The candles come in handy. From my peripheral vision, I notice the guests lighting their candles one by one. I'm reminded of a concert vigil. When fans support their favorite band by holding up cigarette lighters. Only the candles are far more impactful. Each one flickers on one by one as if summoned by witchcraft. My darling is amazed by this, her childlike wonder delights me.

The Birds Eye view must be immaculate. The perfectly illuminated flames from the audience dazzle the night's darkness. The ocean view and the golden lit crowd blur as we spin. The music pauses for a few seconds...allowing the roaring sea to sing before continuing. The waltz progresses to wide circles. Madi and I pick up speed. We carousel across the floor in long lunges. Prancing as Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip did. A fluid merry-go-round.

I cherish how her dress flows. How the lace glitters against her skin. I lift her only by her hands and twirl. The crashing waves flap with the hem of her gown... in perfect sync. The wind matches us tonight, our clothes flare in the air. The old-fashioned hand dance is next. We circle around each other with our hands inches apart. Our palms stay in place, aligned with one another as we move in ovals. The near touch is titillating. Next, we loop our forearms together like snakes, wringing our wrist at the top. Our palms touch. We continue the circle hand dance.

The flickering candles from the crowd coincide with the twinkling stars as if from a fable. Tonight feels like one...like a fairytale. One Madison decided to share with me. The invincible love bubble we're in is heaven. Our hands part. I spin her far out; her wedding veil tussles the air. My baby times her return accurately. In tune with the music.

This lift resembles a ballerina stance. I hold her by the ankle and waist while she poses like a swan above my head. Then I drop her into a deep dip, keeping to the fluid rotation. The last lift is a frontal one, Madi faces away, while I hold her hips. My wife's arms hug around my neck, our bodies float the air in an art form.

The audience applauds. We return to the hand dance to end our first union as husband and wife. We incorporate slight cha-cha slides while switching arms between. Our feet navigate as one in untested harmony. I can tell how romantic Mrs. Harrison finds it just by the shine in her navy eyes.