fytb? | 7

Diamonds on me like Zimbabwe
Bitches love me like Beyoncé.
..
2 months later, March

Emery

I haven't spoken to or hugged my baby in sixty-two days.

Two months.

More than 1,400 hours.

I can barely compute the minutes and the seconds.

I decided to transplant them into Cinco Ranch, the area near the apartment was getting too hot. I even had my handler go with them, the building was sold soon after.

It's too painful to even think about and it's all my fault. But it's for the best.

It's a warzone and niggas are dropping like flies, from left to right. It's all over the news, but 12, is in on the job.

Niggas that I thought was untouchable..

DOA or MIA.

Barley identifiable, or they've been said to have disappeared.

Amisi has been keeping me updated but it isn't enough.

I miss her too, admittedly.

Kwanza is still locked up in the looney bin. They won't have a funeral for that bitch ass nigga because the family wants his death to be investigated as a homicide.

Eric can't seem to shake back, he's gone crazy, binge drinking, and being reckless.

He beat his BM senselessly, landing her into the hospital, after she opened a soda can a lil too loud for his liking.

For me, I've been in constant contact with Amisi and old Emery via her.

She was getting antsy and I know it. My new bitch didn't understand.

"You got another letter.." she said as she threw it upon the table lazily.

"Read it to me."

"Kya is fine, gettin' smarter by the day. Please say you'll come by soon or meet us. E, please. We miss you. Nothing has went down in two weeks. It's safe."

She huffed, "When will this bitch get the hint."

I grabbed her by the collar, "Watch ya fucking mouth. She's taking care of my daughter. Show some respect."

She nodded.

I feel like if we met somewhere neutral or even out of the state I'd feel better.  The only reason why I haven't shipped them across the country is because I needed them close for my own sanity.

That's all that mattered to me.
..
Amisi

I don't know how people do online schooling, I'm about to lose my mind. I only have one course but it's a math course, I just want to go to college, and this is the only thing in my way.

I also have to provide lessons for Kya occasionally.

I cook, I clean, I teach, and sometimes get to go out to the market. But, this isn't a way to live, especially for someone who's been a prisoner their whole life.

I know that it's for my own safety and the safety of others, but it's taught me that I shouldn't have taken my independence that I did have, for granted.

I'm basically a mom at eighteen.

I want to be in back school, be in the yearbook class, go party til two in the morning, but I can't because of Emery.

It's always Emery.

Don't get me wrong, I love Emery like a brother, but he's consistently ruining my life.

I'm really only doing this for Senior and Kya.

E hasn't had to uproot his life, risk his life and education, nor miss out on teenage things. He's had his fun a long time ago.

"Kya, time for school!"

"Coming!"

We both had to prepare to be on camera with an instructor. As we were in class, I ordered groceries.

I'm a caged bird, waiting for my savior.