sunshine|5

"Love, whether newly born or aroused from a deathlike slumber, must always create sunshine, filling the heart so full of radiance, this it overflows upon the outward world." --Nathaniel Hawthorne

--
Emery

I shut the door.

I could see Amisi still staring out of the window, dazed.

"What's up wit' you Amisi Ali?"

I yearned for her to tell me her inner-inner demons. She wore them outwardly--the bags under her eyes, her tats, and the scars that adorned her abdomen or her baggy clothes, gloomy eyes, and shyness.

No matter what..I struggled to figure out who Amisi really was.

Amisi

Queen called me all night, I figured that if I turned off my phone she wouldn't haunt me but I was still too afraid that she would find me. I know that her intuition is telling her that I'm with Emery but she doesn't know about this house.

He's always here to protect me.

Emery isn't perfect but the connection that we have is impeccable and undeniable.

Sometimes I hate him, but all the time I love him, as a person.

I watched as cars drove passed the house, scared.

"Amisi, you shouldn't stand so close to the window."

"I need to think."

"You need to rest. Queen can't harm you here."

"And how do you know that? She thinks that I belong to her! She will always find a way to control me..my life. She'll find me."

I'm sure of it.

"Amisi go to your room. Now. Speaking nonsesnse is unacceptable."

"But--"

"Go." He said sternly.

I listened to Mr.Knox, stubbornly making my way up the stairs.

I plopped onto my bed lazily, waiting and preparing for the worst.

Pulling out my diary from under my bed, I began to write;

Gravity & Sanity

Pulling myself down, just to keep you balanced. Clarity in the air but not in my head, I've been in this terminal spiral for an eternity. On the outside I float but on the inside I feel like I will succumb to the pressure. Gravity can't keep me down and my sanity is what keeps me in the dumps. I'm a paradoxical figure who is constantly changing, I am a caged butterfly with one broken wing. Gravity and Sanity are the two things that I desire. But, do they aspire to be connected to this wild flower?

--
Emery

"Run it up." I muttered.

"One...two...three..three-fifty...four. Four hundred thou'."

That was close to the amount I imagined--one hundred thousand dollars short.

"Count again."

"Matta' fact, run it through the machine, you better not be wrong nigga." I told 'Sap.

I had Ace, a rookie, do most of the local drops today. That could be why. But I can't be lenient, ever. It's a weakness, that only my child could see because she's the apple of my eye.