Chapter 9

"Can you? Can you really Chance?" Taylor interjected, furious a cold tone following behind his words, feelings of betrayal, anger, sadness, and fear following closely behind. "You literally went through my phone without my permission, without my knowledge, please- please let me fucking know how you can explain this?" Taylors voice rising near the end of the sentence putting emphasis on every word he states.

"Why didn't you tell me you were gay?" Chance intervening in Taylors anger. Voice going soft.

"Wh-What?" Taylor asks, shocked, confused at the question.

"Why didn't you tell me you were gay?" Chance asks again, more clear in his words this time around.

"I didn't want you to look at me differently, to treat me different- I didn't think-" Taylor begins, stopping at his last word, catching himself before allowing the words to speak freely for themselves.

"You didn't think what?" Chance asks, his words soft and comforting.

"I didn't think you would want to be friends with anymore-" Taylor says, lying about his true reasoning of why he didn't want Chance to know.

"That would never happen. You're my best friend Taylor. I get it really. Why you're scared to let me know. Just know that I'd never treat you differently for any reason Taylor. Well other than if you liked me or something because that'd just be weird." Chance says, not realizing how the words he ended with, just cut Taylor apart like a knife through a food waiting to be chopped on a cutting board, chuckling at his statement.

"Yeah totally that'd be just weird." Taylor gulps, holding back a tear in the back of his pupil, he couldn't let Chance know. Now, then, or ever. He laughs in response, an uneasiness to his friends comment.

"So tell me about the guy- I want to hear everything." Chance suggests, giving Taylor a side hug.

"What guy?" Taylor asks, trying to understand who Chance is talking about.

"The guy on the phone. The one that has had your attention since the concert, the one who makes you smile when you read his text. The one I just happened to stumble upon, to find out this vast secret knowledge you've been keeping from me." Chance smiles enthusiastically.

"I don't know Chance." Taylor says twiddling his thumbs.

"What do you mean?" Chance asks in response.

"You kinda just snooped through my phone, outing me to- well me. You haven't apologized, and now you're gonna act like everything's okay, unicorns and rainbows, Woo Hoo! You just betrayed my trust Chance. So, I don't know. Can I really trust you with this information?" Taylor rants speaking coldly, obviously still upset about everything.

"Oh- I mean I guess you're right. I'm sorry. You know you can trust me with anything though. I love you dude." Chance hugs Taylor, who again is stung by the words.

"I love you too Chance." Taylor speaking sympathetically. Knowing Chance meant the words in a more platonic way. He takes a deep breath. "His name is Dante, and he's actually really sweet. Kinda hot too, he's very flirtatious." Taylor explains.

"Okay, I wanna hear more." Chance says supportive of his best friend. Smiling ear to ear, he's never seen Taylor this way, so happy talking about someone.

Taylor goes on and on about Dante for thirty minutes as Chance listens, getting invested into this new found love interest for Taylor, before an idea pops into his head. "Why don't you invite him to the party? You might be able to get some action...like I planned, just not in the way I planned it, but none the less, he sounds like a great guy, and it's the perfect way to spend some 'alone' time together in a public setting." Chance suggests smirking.

"Are you crazy?" Taylor laughs at the suggestion thinking Chance is full blown joking. "Oh my god are you serious?" Taylors mouth wide open.

"All I'm saying is that you're gonna be looking totally sexy and 'smashable' that night. His words not mine. I think it would be a great idea. I'd love to have him here." Chance smiles.

"Why not?" Taylor gives in, texting Dante

"Sorry I went awol for a little bit there, Chance stumbled upon our little text sessions... and know he knows im gay. but like totally side note here. I'd like to get to know u better also... would u by any chance,,, wanna go to this party with me? u don't have to say yes, but id love to have u here :)"

Taylor shoots the text, waiting a few minutes as he sees the bubbles indicating Dante is typing a response. Nervous for a reply.

"Hell why not? I'd love to see u in this outfit in real life. Call it a date then I'll be there just send me the addy ;)"

Taylor blushes, biting his lower lip, sending the address and when the party is happening.

"One week from today, don't forget ;)"

He presses the power button once sending the phone to a black screen, looking at Chance who's waiting in anticipation.

"So?" Chance asks drawing the vowel out.

"He said he'll be here" Taylor smiles.

"I knew it!" Chance gives Taylor a hug. Lingering for a moment, before breaking away.