58. Happy Idiots in Love

Grunting softly, Cruz shifts above me. I can feel him, hard and straining, between my thighs. I gaze up with wide, open eyes. My heart has never felt fuller or surer when I lean over to whisper in his ear, "Whatever you do, don't stop."

"You sure, baby?"

"I've never wanted anyone more."

His muscles tense up around me. "Keep talking like that, and I won't be able to hold back."

"Don't be gentle. Wreck me."

Cruz's breath hitches as the meaning behind my words hit home. The air around us thickens. It simmers. Sparks. A fevered need overwhelms my senses. A need to get closer to Cruz. To touch him everywhere. Feel him everywhere. On every inch of me. As we continue making out, I can't get enough of him. His fingers are digging into my flesh.

Passionately.

Possessively.

He can't seem to get enough of me, either. I don't fight the chaos even while my pulse kicks up to breakneck speeds. I don't want to think about anything but Cruz. I give in to our blissful frenzy, raining hot, adoring kisses all over his face. Cruz's arms tighten around me. He moans in desperation. I feel so wanted, so desired with him. Feeling emboldened, I reach behind my back to unhook my bra and shrug out of my straps, setting the girls free.

Cruz's green eyes practically turn black as he gazes down at me.

At them.

With a look of awe, he mutters, "Athena..."

I blush. "What?"

His gaze never wavers from mine. "Everything about you is perfect."

The intensity in his voice catches me by surprise.

"Nobody's perfect," I protest. Shyly.

His expression grows soft. Tender. "I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're perfect. For me."

His words squeeze my heart. "Cruz..."

"Ever since my mom left, I felt alone. I never thought it would be possible for me to be happy again."

Emotion pricks my eyes. "Oh, baby..."

"But I'm happy now. So fucking happy." Cruz reaches down to clasp my hand, raising it to his mouth to brush a kiss across my knuckles. "It's all because of you, Athena."

His sweet, stumbling confession sounds so sincere. I can't help myself. Instinct takes over. My palms drift up to cradle his jaw, pulling him down for another kiss. A real one this time. When his lips lock on to mine, I close my eyes and sigh, reveling in the blissed-out sensation of kissing the boy who I want to love and protect and cherish with every fiber of my being.

Breathlessly, I tell him, "I never want you to feel alone again, baby. I'm yours. All yours, okay?"

I feel his smile against my mouth as he murmurs, "All mine, huh?"

I smile back. "Mm-hmm."

From there, we don't say anything else. There's no need for words. Not anymore. Without removing his hand from my breasts, Cruz continues to toy with them as he shuffles down my body, leaving a trail of hot, heavy kisses in his wake. His lips brush against my neck. My collarbone. He kisses the skin between the V of my boobs before his mouth and tongue replace his fingers, locking onto my nipple to suck, flick, and swirl, swirl, swirl around the aching peak. Instinctively, my thighs tighten around his waist to draw him closer.

I may not be a virgin, but, at this very moment, I feel even more nervous and excited and all out of sorts than when I actually gave away my V-card. There's a part of me that wants to believe nothing else can go wrong as long as Cruz and I are together. I want our first time to be perfect.