Prologue

Warning! Profanity is in this chapter,  if you don't like that, please click off now, Thankyou!

———————————————————————————

"Why wont this damn bag close?" That's me, struggling to get my bags, stuffed with my belongings inside, to close. I didn't pack much, so I don't get why it's a tough job.

After a bit of struggling, moving items around and raging, I finally close my bags. A knock on the door follows not far after.

"Hiya Y/N, whatcha need? What's with the bags?" That's An. My best friend. She works at a fancy tavern/restaurant nearby. Right now though, she is pointing at the bags on my table after letting herself in.

"An, I need to tell you something important, and I need you to not freak out, Okay?"

"Y/N. I have to deal with bitchy people every day for my job. I hear all the drama, I get all the complaints. Im sure what you have to say cannot be worse then what I deal with constantly."

"I got a job at the royal family's palace as a servant."

An's face went from a questioning look, to one of pure happiness.

"THE ROYAL FAMILY??? No way! I heard they pay so well! Im so proud of yo-"

"An, I have to move far away to the palace and I won't be able to see you."

I got An with that one. She just kinda, froze. Is she good? Did I break her? Should I have eased her into this?

"Y/N...."

"I'm sorry An, but it's a good job, I can't just quit. I'll miss you though, and I promise to send as many letters as I can to you. I'll come visit you every vacation I get, i promise."

An still looked very disappointed, but her eyes lightened up just a bit at that promise.

"I'll miss you so much Y/N... you're my best friend and i don't know what I will do without you. But I'll try my best to do well without you and respond to all of your letters"

"Thankyou so much An for taking that news well."

"When are you leaving? Maybe we can hang out a bit before?"

"My ride to pick me up should be here in about 3 hours, we can go spend some time with Kohane before I go."

"Yeah, one last time."

••••••••••••••••••••••••time skip•••••••••••••••••••••••••

An, Kohane and I had just left the cafe An worked at. I had told Kohane the news, and after a cafe hangout, a breakdown and a heartfelt goodbye (with even more crying,) it was finally time for me to go. Hugging my 2 best friends goodbye, I then hop in the (very fancy) carriage with my luggage, and await my arrival at the palace. Until then, I think I'll take a nap. I'm mentally drained and the ride will take a few hours. Well, goodnight.

———————————————————————————

Okay Prologue down. I'm sorry it's short and the plot is really weird, the pace of the story should start slowing down after the next chapter.
The details & interactions between An and Y/N are probably gonna be important later, im not just gonna write An in then scrap her. An and Kohane will return!
After the next chapter, the plot should start detailing from the original story and more into a plot I made

Also I need name suggestions for the story in the comments, idk what to name this, I don't want to name it Psycho after the original story, but idk what to name it.

Sorry for such a long A/N, but I need to tell you all this stuff now. Thankyou for reading, and I'll see you in the next chapter, bye!