Chapter 5 • oh crap, i actually have to do my job •

I'm tired of trying to find photos of Rui so here's some motivation from Kirby instead

———————————————————————————
Y/N POV

"I'm not gonna die, am I?"

Here I am, sitting in a small cart on rails. I hardly even fit in the cart, my legs are sticking out, and my but is really the only thing in the cart. You know those chair things that attach to stairs so old people don't have to climb up stairs?

Now imagine a small cart instead of a chair, and there's quite a few steps, oh and the cart goes down at a fast speed.

This is my life now.

"Yes y/n, I assure you no permanent damage can be caused, if there was a chance for serious injury, I would not have you test it" Rui had responded, tapping a clipboard, which he claimed was for "testing" of the creation.

More like murder weapon.

"Why did you make this again?" Nene asked, if this was gonna take us stair space, it better be good.

"Well, say you need to bring various heavy objects, instead of carrying them up the stairs, put them in the bin. The bin will rest at the bottom of the stairs, and once you've placed in the items, you can press the button on the side of the bin, and it will bring the items up. I can also bring items down to you when the bin is at the top."

That's actually.... Not bad.

"But why are we testing how fast it goes down?"
Tsukasa asked.

"Well, im making sure it doesn't go to fast or to slow, im seeing what I'll have to adjust. Once Y/Ns at the bottom, I'll take it back up, im also testing that."

As that's said, Rui starts walking over to me.

"Ready Y/N? You might wanna hold on."

I was about to object (like any normal person should,) when I remembered this is kinda my job. I can't really say no, because Rui wants this and Im required to fulfill his wants and needs.

So I put my hands on the top sides and grip real hard, responding with a quick "yup".

"Okay, I'm sending you down right now!"
Rui stated, as he presses the button on the side of the cart, sending me down the stairs.

As it starts, it's not actually that fast, and it's actually kinda fun. No weird noises, nothing rattling, no red flashing lights. It's actually a pretty smooth ride down, and it's pretty quick, not that long.

As I reach the bottom, Rui comes racing down the stairs after me, with Tsukasa and Nene at the top of the stairs, watching.

"Oh it wasn't that bad, was it Y/N"
Rui said, as he bent down to inspect the cart.

".... Yeah it wasn't that bad, actually kind of fun."

"Well, let's see how it goes up, okay?"

I nod, and hold on again. This time, it's gonna be harder, it's going up, and the poor cart has to pull my weight up.

As Rui presses the button the side of the cart, The cart and I slowly start ascending up the staircase. It's actually not that slow, but it was definitely slower then going down.

Also, I can hear the cart making noises from the inside, considering it's working harder to pull me up.

*snap*

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT-"
I hold on tighter, as I start flying down the staircase, probably to my death.

I knew I shouldn't have taken this job.
———————————————————————————

Hiiiii, sorry for no update for a few weeks, high school started and now I'm piled with stuff, hopefully in a month or 2 my sport should be over and I'll have free time.

Don't worry, Y/N will be fine.

Mostly.
Sorry the chapter is so short, I promise future ones will be double the length. (Not including the length of the author note)

ALSO THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 2K VIEWS AND 100 VOTES!!!!
I cant express how happy I am, and Thankyou all so much, I love you guys <3

Have a good day/night!

Word count: 692