Chapter 8 • We just got a letter •

I couldn't make the photo higher quality, sorry if you can't read it :[

I thought it was funny so I just threw it in there. Hope you like the chapter
———————————————————————————

Sunlight slowly peaks through the curtains and lights up the dark room, letting anyone inside know that it's time to get up for the day.

Nene and y/n however, we're already up and getting ready for the day, putting on their uniforms and getting ready to meet Hayan for breakfast.

It's been a few weeks since y/n had arrived, and nothing really exciting happened. Lunch duties got less awkward and no one was really staring at the newcomer anymore. y/n was just, there.
A worker.
A friend.
Family. Kinda.

And while y/n had been enjoying their peaceful, surprisingly quiet morning, it was ruined once they were in Rui's room after lunch.

Rui was sitting on his throne, looking over some sort of blueprints, while Nene and y/n were on the couch, getting up to fetch Rui the occasional drink or clean something. Hayan would pop up every once in a while to do laundry.

But then the door got swung open.

"Hello everyone! It's I!"

"Wonderhoy!!"

Everyone mentally groaned. Tsukasa is a nice guy and their friend, but he's really loud. And with Emu right behind him, any quiet, relaxing peace that they had was obliterated the moment they walked in.

"Hi Tsukasa, hi Emu" y/n greeted

Y/N!! Emu shouted while basically tackling the poor person, and wrapping y/n in a big hug.

"Rui, your highness, I have a message from Meiko!!
Tsukasa exclaimed, getting in one knee dramatically right in front of Rui.

Y/N and Emu just went silent, curiosity taking over their separate conversation they had started up. Nene, on the other hand, was used to this and just leaned back in the couch.

"Oh? Well, what is it, Tsukasa?" Rui questioned

"You are needed in the dining hall, just family discussion. No servants, and it will go until dinner."

"Okay, thankyou Tsukasa. Nene, y/n, please tidy up this room and let Hayan know where I went. When your done, do whatever. Just don't go in my room."

As Rui got up, made himself look presentable and left, everyone sat in an awkward silence, tension so thick it can be cut with a knife.

"So Nene, whatcha been up tooo?" Emu asked, energy just building up inside her.

As Nene and Emu talked, y/n got up and started cleaning up the room, putting papers in their rather colorful bin and projects in their respective places.

"So y/n, how are you liking it here?"

Said person turns around to tee Tsukasa standing behind them, poor guy has nothing to do and just trying to start a friendly conversation.

"Well Tsukasa, I think I really like it here, but I get homesick a little bit sometimes. But this place is so nice, I truly can see myself being here for years."

Upon hearing that, Tsukasa smiled, glad to know that y/n isn't going to be leaving anytime soon.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••