Chapter 9 • We have events? •

I've got nothing to say except for this chapters written a bit weird, but anyways enjoy the chapter!
———————————————————————————

All of the maids, butlers, cooks, florists, knights, everyone that isn't the royal family was gathered outside in the big garden out back. There were hundreds of people shoved into the poor garden, and yet everyone still had room around them. Truly extraordinary.

I'm currently standing with Emu and Hayan, who had joined me earlier.

"What do you think it will be?" Hayan asked, seeing Emu bouncing up and down in excitement. She claimed to know what it was but wouldn't tell us so she wouldn't "spoil it"

"I don't know, haven't you been here longer?"

"... I forgot what it was..." Hayan looked down disappointed at herself.

"Look, they are coming on stage!!" Emu pointed, stuff being moved onto the platform in front of us and people hopping on.

Standing on the big stage on the front was a few people I don't really know, their uniforms not telling me any Tying about them. And shockingly Tsukasa was up there, with a big chalk board behind them.

After a few more minutes of waiting for people to roll into the garden, the strange people on the stage stomp there feet, yelled, anything to get the crowds away from their conversations.

"HELLO EVERYONE! The event coordinators and me have a special announcement for you all!"
Tsukasa had shouted, everyone's heads turned his way.

Chatter that tried to stay quiet ran around, but it was no use as Tsukasa had to silence us again.

one of the event coordinators stepped in front of Tsukasa, arms out standing tall and proud

"We are pleased to inform you, that the summer festival is starting!!"

Lots of people had started screaming and jumping in excitement, some trying to calm down their friends around them and the rare few who just didn't care.

"YAY!" Emu said while jumping up and down, grabbing onto my shoulders to boost her jump.

"What's the summer festival?"

Hayan's shoulders relaxed with a small smile on her face, showing she remembered. "It's when the family hosts a huge party for outsiders to participate in. There will be some games, food, bands and beautiful scenery."

"It was started when Miku started ruling, and was passed on when Meiko started ruling, it's been going for plenty of years as a way to strengthen the kingdom, sometimes even other kingdoms will participate to gain alliances!" Emu added on, while (somehow) still jumping up and down.

I new the history of the palace (most people do), but 'when Miku used to rule?' I never heard that... I'll have to ask about it later.

The Event coordinators were trying to get everyone's attention again, shouting for everyone to look their way.

"Now, we need all of you to pay attention while we explain everything." One of them shouted, waving their hands around trying to gain the peoples attention.