Chapter 2 • First impressions •

As me and Tsukasa walked into the main entrance, I was shocked. Winded. Speechless. The inside was even bigger than the outside. With fancy red carpet everywhere. Pillars, railing, doors and other architectural structures were gorgeous, with little tiny engraved details. There was a huge, breathtaking chandelier with what looks like diamonds covering most of it, and it shined brightly, but not enough to hurt my eyes.

There were plants in some places, a few paintings, and a huge staircase leading to the second floor, all with red velvet carpet and fancy railings.

Standing at the top of the staircase was a older, yet wonderful woman in a big, puffy and elegant dress, short gorgeous brown (with some grey) hair, and a soft look on her face. She had a huge crown on, which made me assume she was the Queen.

Milf. Big time milf.

"Your majesty, I have brought the new servant." Tsukasa said while bowing. Oh shoot, I should bow too.

"Oh uh- Hello your majesty, I'm Y/N, and it's such a pleasure to meet you."

As I look up from bowing, the Queen starts walking toward us, or more specifically me.

"It's nice to meet you too Y/N. I hope you do take good care of my precious baby boy."

"Yes your majesty."

"Oh sweety, you can just call me Meiko, Your like family now."

"Oh uh, yes Meiko Ma'am!"

She chuckles a bit at my comment, and then goes to face Tsukasa.

"Tsukasa dear, do you mind taking Y/N to her chambers? And please do show her around this week when you have time."

"Yes your majesty!"

Meiko smiles at us and let's us go off. I got the job, head still attached and everything, that's good.

"Well Y/N, let's go!"
Tsukasa starts pulling on my arm, leading the way. Looks like I'm going to have to get used to this.

•••••••••••••••••••••••Time Skip•••••••••••••••••••••••••

As Tsukasa shows me the way to my chambers, I look around at everything around me. It's going to take forever to remember all of this. I might have to use certain pillars or paintings as landmarks for what way to go for different thi-

"This, Y/N, is your chamber!!"

As I wake up from my inner rambling, I see a tall door in front of me. This is a chamber??

"Is that door the door to the chamber??"

"Oh no! Sorry, let me explain it to you."

As Tsukasa opened the door, I see a decently sized. Circular room, with a tall ceiling, with spiral stairs leading up. The roof isn't that high up, but it's probably on a second story. Beside the stairs is a smaller door.

Tsukasa starts heading towards the door, until he opens it to reveal a decently-sized room, with two bunk beds on the side. The top bunk of one of them looks occupied, with messy bedsheets and stuff on it. The others are all nicely made.

There's 2 dressers on another wall, one with random items scattered around on the surface. There was a small couch inside. There's a table by the couch, and a door creaked open to reveal a bathroom. There's no kitchen or anything, but it looks like stuff for just chilling out and sleeping. Pretty homie if you ask me.

"You can pick any of the 3 beds to sleep in. Only 1 other person sleeps in here, and she didn't want a packed servant chamber. You can also take the other desk, idk when we are gonna get another servant for Rui."

Oh okay, so I'm working with another female, hopefully my age and not a middle aged woman. And this Rui guy. Who's Rui?

Rummaging through memory, processing.....

Oh right, that's Kamishiro's first name. Not sure which one, but most likely the one i am serving, otherwise Tsukasa wouldnt have mentioned him. Speaking of Tsukasa...

"Your roommate is Nene, you can ask her about your schedule in the morning, she should have it. She's in the bunk next to you. She's a bit shy and sharp-tongued at first, but once you get to know her she's sweet in her own way."

"Oh Thankyou! I'll make sure I don't scare her when she comes in here later tonight. She knows I'm coming tonight, right?"

"No, I don't think so, I think all she knows is someone's going to be rooming with her and needs to know their schedule."

I nod. I'm being thrown into this situation, I met the Queen, I met Tsukasa, got thrown into a huge palace, im going to meet Kamishiro and Nene, and I need to unpack.

"Well Servant Y/N, I wish you well and goodnight, I shall see you tomorrow morning, farewell!"
Tsukasa says as he bows.

"See you tomorrow Knight Tsukasa, goodnight!"
I say while smiling. Tsukasa smiles, waves and walks off.

As Tsukasa leaves for his duties, he leaves me to unpack. I claim the top bunk of the other bed on the far right, farthest from the door and put my clothes in one side of the dresser. I put other important knick knacks like photos, hairbrush, and various other things that I need/have meaning on one side of the desk, putting my toiletries in the bathroom, and putting stuff on my bunk. As I finish unpacking, I put my now empty suitcase(s) under the bottom bunk of the bed. I don't want it just lying around.

As it gets later, day turns to night, and I'm a bit sleepy. My nap didn't help me, thanks a lot nap. Your so helpful.

I go into the bathroom to change, put my dirty laundry in the mostly empty basket in the bathroom labeled "dirty," and hop in bed. Tomorrow is sure to be exciting. I have to meet my roommate, Nene, The one I'm serving, Rui, and I have a tour of the castle the day after that. My schedule is packed, something I'm not used to. Im thousands of miles away from home. Im going to have a swell time adapting.

As I feel my eyes slowly close, I can only think of one thing.

An, Kohane, I miss you so much. I'll write to you as soon as I can.

———————————————————————————

Im not good at dialogue, but very good at describing things (mostly.)
I might draw a picture of what the chamber looks like. I hope you guys liked this chapter! I'm so exited to start writing when you, the reader, meet Rui.

I'm having a hard time using They/Them pronouns, so in the story if you find any She/Hers or anything that indicates femininity, let me know, I want this story to be gender neutral for everyone!

I hope you enjoyed todays chapter, and I'll see you in the next one! Bye bye!!

Word count: 1146