Chapter 1 • I've arrived •

As I feel the carriage make the final turn before stopping, I awake from my nap. As I grab my bags from beside me and step out of the carriage, I am shocked.

The Royal Palace is HUGE. I don't know what I was expecting but it sure wasn't this.

After admiring the huge building in front of me, I turn around to see the carriage leaving. Well, this is it. No turning back. I'm officially stranded at the palace of the people who run the kingdom. The Kamishiro family.

Not gonna lie, this is so much scarier then I thought. I have to make a good impression in front of these people otherwise I could loose my job. I could loose my head if I do an even worse job at looking like a bad person, and I don't feel like having that happen to me. I cherish my head a lot and would hate to loose it-

I'm innerupted by a tall, blond man in armor running up to me. Oh no..... abort abort abort-

"Ah, Hello there! You must be Y/N?"

"Yes sir!"

"Welcome to the palace! I was supposed to personally greet you at your hometown, but I had duty's to attend to! Apologies for only greeting you now!"

"Oh it's okay, I just napped all the way here, nothing exciting happened."

Nooooo what am I doing? You don't go up to a stranger and tell then you slept all the way to their location. Horrible conversation starter.

"Well I shall now introduce myself!"

He started standing proudly, chest puffed out, sword up in the air.

"I AM TSUKASA TENMA, PERSONAL KNIGHT OF THE YOUNGEST OF THE KAMISHIRO FAMILY! ONE DAY I WILL RISE TO THE TOP AND BE THE BEST KNIGHT IN THE LAND!!"

well this dude sure has an ego. And really loud. And reckless as he's swinging his sword around about to hit someone or something. But there are worse people out there.

"And you shall be the young king's servant!! You and I shall have great adventures together serving under the young king!!"

Wait what did he just say??

"I'm sorry sir, but did you say "young king's servant? I thought I was going to be attending to the whole royal family?"

"Oh no, of course not! That would be to much work. You will only be serving the Youngest. The others have their own servants. You and I shall be working together though, so I can explain everything to you!"

Well that makes more sense. Maybe I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions about this job. At least Tsukasa is nice. Loud, but nice. I'm glad to know I have someone to go to for help for directions when I get lost in this MASSIVE GOD DAMN PLACE.

a tug on my hand free's me from my thoughts. Tsukasa grabbed my hand and started walking, signaling me to follow him.

As I grab my stuff and we walk to the entrance(with one hand) Tsukasa halts at the door.

"A little warning before we go in. We are going to have to talk to the Queen when entering. Please do be on your best behavior. First impressions with the Queen are very important."

"Of course!"

"And one more thing."
"Please do be careful. The young king is a handful. And he can be.... Strange sometimes. No one really tends to hang out with him. The Queen tries to bribe kids to hang out with him, but none of them have lasted."

This poor king dude. No one hangs out with him. I don't know how that would feel, but if An and Kohane stopped talking to me one day leaving me alone, I would loose it.

"Poor King, that must be ...Lonely."

Tsukasa nods slightly to the statement, until we both notice our still intertwined hands. Oh god da-

We both pull away, red as hell. Seriously Y/N. Don't be this awkward and be an embarrassment.

"W-Well, we should head inside" stated Tsukasa, his face turning slightly pink, kinda like the tips of his hair.

"Yeah, let's go in."

———————————————————————————

A/N
Hello everyone, I hope you enjoyed todays chapter! I just want to say, Thankyou for 100 views! I have never reached 100 so fast, and I'm glad people like the story! After Chapter 2, the plot should drift from the OG story and into mine. Also, I might make a Tsukasa x reader story after I finish this one, so if you like Tsukasa feel free to stop by!

Don't worry, I'll reveal what job/position Emu will be doing soon, since I changed her from the original story. Have a good day/night everyone!

Word count: 790