Just a feeling

Preview: "Because it seems that we are siblings"

"Im sorry sir but this is not a drama tv show were two men in suits come into a girls life to change it" I said sarcastically "And your right this isn't a tv show, it's real life smart mouth" the guy named Rin spoke. My mind was everywhere, it was so surreal. My life has always been so simple... basic even, so with that I guess I never got a full understanding of emotions and how to deal with them. I simply couldn't wrap my head around the information I was given. Rin pulls out a box from behind the couch "Here's some stuff that we found when you was out" he and Ran got up a took their leave "Oh and when mom gets back tell her to give us a call" Ran winked at me then closed the door. I look down at the box and slowly picked it up to take it to my room "You tell anyone about this box I'll have you killed" I said threatening the maids while making my way to the stairs.

I feel stuff slowly start to bubble in me and a ache in my head the more I thought about it Why hide such a small thing from me? And why am I feeling this way? It's like... it feels.... Like if I'm gonna fucking explode! I speed my way to my room, slamming the door, throwing the box on my bed and running to my bathroom. I quickly throw water on my face repeatedly to cool me down. After a while I crouch down on the floor to just think. What is wrong with me? Why can't I just be.... normal? Is it my fault? All these questions popped in my head and I couldn't answer not a single one. I've never questioned myself but at the same time I've never been in this type of situation before. I never felt angry. Now that I think about I never really felt anything at all before. I can't recall a memory that I've ever felt happy, mad or even sad. I got up and went to my bed to finally open the box. My hands slightly trembled when reaching inside. I grabbed some stuff and placed them in front of me, they were pictures of Rin and Ran then some of me. As I looked at the pictures more and longer I noticed a difference. In Ran and Rin photos they were being held by either mother or father, but in my photos it was mostly different maids the held me. I look further into the box and pull outs birth certificates laying them out side by side. Theirs didn't have anything wrong with it, but mines had a scribble on where it's supposed to have my last name. I guess that was father's doing. I would be lying if I said that this didn't hurt me a bit.

I heard footsteps walking near my door Shit I quickly picked up the box and put it under my bed. Not long after a knock came from my door "Y/n it's me Koharu" I laid my head down and try to act fine before letting him in "come in" I said and the door opened. His footsteps got closer and the sound of them got scary Did he know about this too? He reached the bed and looked down at me. "I heard that you made quite a "scene" downstairs" he sat at the edge of my bed "You are a mature and well educated 15 year old, I would have never thought that you will act that way" his voice made me feel guilty for the way I feel "I know how disappointed your parents would be if they were to know how unladylike you've been and it's only been a few hours since they left" he said "Here." He hands me my daily pill and places it on my hand "But I only take these once a day in the morning?" I question him "There's been a change. You might have to take them twice a day. Your doctor will have to update us" he gave me a glass over water "Now take it." and that's exactly what I did. "I've been taking these for about 10 years without know what they do for me..." I say out loud "And what of it?" Koharu says getting up and I sit up as well "What are these pills and what do they do?" He froze and just looked at me.

*Ding Dong*

"Looks like someone is at the door" he stated turning around heading out the door. I got up off the bed to follow him but fell on to my hands and knees feeling dizzy for about 7 secs then going back to normal. "What the fuck?" I whispered grabbing on to my head getting back up. I took a deep breath feeling... nothing, no more bubbling or aches just nothing. I continued to go down stairs to see who was at the door and it was Goro will files and papers in his hands. I walk up to him in confusion "I thought we meet tomorrow?" I said pulling him to the side "Ow ow I'm sorry something came up at work and I might be out of reach tomorrow. Sorry for not letting you know. Are you angry?" He asked "No I'm not angry" "then why do you look angry?" "It's my face" I roll my eyes. He hands me the files and papers "Let me know if you get anything, k?" He said "Of course" I assured him and in return I got my hair ruffled by him "Hey!" I yelped "Oh please. Your rich. Your cheating at life. I'm sure you'll be fine" he laughed "See you Sunday!" He said closing the door behind him. "Who was that?" One of the maids said blushing "A commoner." I said coldly before heading back up to my room to go over the stuff.

Last time this killers was around he was killing old guys lowest being 67 highest being 84, in later research it was found out that the victims were retired military officers. Originally it was thought that the killer was a ex officer himself or herself but a 60- 90 year old killing other old people seemed far fetched so we put that idea to the side but still keeper it on the table. In total 13 people were killed in only one year then they stopped suddenly and is now back up and killing. This time though... they are killing younger officers, 2 already dead in only one week. They're moving faster this time. What are they hoping to accomplish? Why the officers and not just a civilian? Why put so much effort to fight a trained officer? Is there an excitement in that that they can get caught? Do they want to teach a lesson to the officers? "What is going through your head?" I say to myself looking at all the scattered papers on my desk. I look at a newspaper that came out two days ago The Phantoms Freak has come back the title said and I groan. "I don't see the point of giving these killers "cool" names, it gives them power and some sort of control and ego.

This killers pattern is unpredictable and they're so neat when they do it. No trace, no prints not a single strand of hair. Only thing we have on them is that they kill with a plant called Deadly Nightshade, it goes by other names too like Belladonna and Devils cherries. It's a berry that can easily be mistaken by children and adults and be consumed. It sweet so the victim wouldn't notice the difference of it from any other berry. After learning about the way they kill I made sure to make some time in my day to study poisonous plants. Deadly nightshade kills the victim slowly giving the killer to make whatever villain speech they have watching their victim die a painful death. Fascinating. If it was a male victim their eyes would be carved out by the killer, but if it was a female victim the pupils will be super dilated which is easy to understand how. Way back in the day woman would use the juice of the berry and put it in their eye to "enhance" their beauty and give them doughy eyes. So now the killer would do the same to the woman and once the female starts to have hallucinations he'll stuff the berries down their throat to either they die of suffocation or uncontrollable vomiting. Truly gruesome. I tiredly walk over to the bathroom take a shower and brush my teeth. I go over my bed changing my clothes and lay down turning off the lights.

"Why do I feel like my life is never going to be the same...."