Closed Doors

I look up at my overflowing wall with awe... No horror as I try to make up a thought. This can't be my reality.... 'The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies'. Is that supposed to mean something? Is that supposed to help me out? Or is it just a random highlight part of the article? Sweat drips from my face and I begin to get a headache. I open the draw from my desk and take out some Tylenol. I swallow the pills dry and rub my forehead out of frustration "If this is a hint and it means exactly as it says.... Then the killer could be someone I already crossed paths with" I whisper to myself. I have many people on my wall that could be the Belladonna and unfortunately... I have Ran, Rin and the rest of the Bonten members on my wall, connecting them to different occasions that the Belladonna killer was apart of. I can't be completely sure that they're not apar-

*Knock Knock*

"Y/n?" I hear Ran's voice from outside my door, I panic as see my doorknob begin to twist "Wait Ran!" I shout running to my door stoping it from opening. "Y/n? What are you doing?" Ran lets go of my door allowing me to have control of how much he can see. I crack the door open a bit barley showing my full body "Hey what's up?" I look up at him putting on a fake smile "Hey um... your detective friend is down stairs, what are you doing?" He try's to peek into my room but I push him away gently "I'm doing girl stuff... yea.. girl stuff so no peeking" I chuckle trying to throw him off my trail "You said that Goro is here?" I ask "Yea he's down stairs asking for you. He says it's 'important'" Ran mocks rolling his eyes. I take a step outside my room and closing it right behind me, Ran tilts his head confused and I just lock my arm with his "Lets go" I drag him away from the door and we head down stairs.

I reach the end stairs and let go of Ran's arm once I see Goro, he looks like a bunny being surrounded by lions as the rest of the guys surround him. "Goro!" My face lights up and I run into his arms "Hello to you too Y/n" he lifts me up to hold me tight, "Feels like I haven't seen you in forever" he places me back down to the ground "What are you doing here?" I ask "Chief said that he might take the case away... it might become a dead case again if it isn't solve." He says scratching the back of his head "What?!" I shout "We just got the case and now they want to take it away from me?! From us?!" Everyone's eyes dart to me surprised at my reaction "Ive worked my ASS off on this case! Lost hours of sleep finding evidence! Jeez! Ive risked too much for Chief to all in a sudden take this case from me!" My breathing becomes irregular the more frustrated I get. Rin comes from behind me and puts his hand on my shoulder, Goro gives him look before looking at me and smiling "Chief said MIGHT so don't get to worked up about it, mkay?" Goro rubs my head "But what Im really here for is because I got a call on the radio on some suspicious activity at a warehouse and I need my sidekick with me." He chuckles gently punching me on my shoulder. "Just for clarification... you're the side kick, now lets go." I turn around ready to leave, but both of the brothers, Sanzu and Koko were lined up not letting me pass, "Sorry pookie we can't let you go alone" Sanzu says clearing high as fuck "But I'm not going alone.... Im going with Goro" I tilt my head "Nope thats not gonna work" Mikey says shaking his head, he gets up from his seat and stands face to face with Goro "You either take two of guys with you or she doesn't go" Mikey says with no emotion "Why you think I'm going to take the girl from you?" Goro grits his teeth "Wow it looks like you've gotten smarter since the last time we've talked, Detective. You deserve a sticker." "You don't really care for her, you know? All you want is the informations you get from her from me." Goro clenches his fist as he try's to hide his true emotions with a smile "Well you heard Y/n earlier... your the real sidekick in this relationship. How many cases would you have won without her help, huh?" "...." "Exactly. I bet you would even have the deceive position without her... So I suggest you unclench your fist before I knock your light out, Detective." Mikey says coldly.

The room was silent....

"Ahem" I try to break the tension in the room, I place my hand gently on Goro's arm getting his attention "Just...." I take a quick glance at Ran and Rin then look back a Goro "Just let my brother come along... its better them than Sanzu and Koko" I put on a smile to comfort Goro and he nods. I look back at Ran and Rin and their eyes are widened "What?" I tilt my head and Ran steps up to me picks me up and spins me around in his arms "You called us your brothers! AAAAA" he sequels Oh my god I roll my eyes mentally. He places me down on the ground and grabs my hand then Rin have both of us skip with to the car.