Daydreamer

"You're not supposed to put ketchup all over your fries dumbass" Rin snatched the ketchup bottle from Ran "Why the fuck would I put the ketchup on one side of the damn plate then bring the fries to it? Thats more work." Ran snatched the ketchup back continuing to drizzle ketchup all over his fries. We're at a little diner getting some food before we head to the meeting with Mikey. "Y/n......Y/n....Y/n!" My head snaps forward to the brothers, "What!" I shout catching some attention from the peers around us. "Damn Ms.daydreamer chill. Anyways! What do you think. Ketchup on the fries or on the side then dip?" Ran ask, I look at him tiredly before answering "Its social illlegal and wrong to drizzle ketchup all over your fries. It also makes a mess" I pull my milkshake taking a sip from it "Told you so"Rin rolled his eyes picking up his hand for me to high five him, but I left him hanging "We're not cool like that".

As we walk to the car I feel almost light, like if I'm floating. I stop walking for a sec to fix myself and then I heard my name "Y/n?" I turn my head to face the person "Goro!" I smile he gives me gentle hug "Its Saturday, I thought I would be seeing you tomorrow on Sunday" I tilt my head "That was the original plan but I finish my assignment early. I was actually gonna stop by so we can talk about the case." He says that last part looking at my bag that has the files he gave me on Thursday. A hand gets placed on my shoulder at first I thought it was one of the brothers but when I looked up Mikey. My heartbeat quickened for about 5 seconds, I wasn't scared for me.... I was scared for Goro. When I made eye contact with Goro he looked scared "Come on Y/n" Mikey started to guide me to the car but then Goro grabbed my arm "She's not going with you" he had his quote on quote 'Cop face' on, "And I suppose you're gonna stop me?" Mikeys eyebrow rose in a threatening way. "Detective please... let me go" I say looking at the ground but he doesn't. "You know who these people are?" Goro questions me "Im not dumb Goro I know who they are and what they can do. So let me go." My mood switches automatically looking at the amount of Bonten men that are starting to appear around us.

"Let her go or this bullet right threw your head" some pink hair dude walked up from nowhere holding a gun to Goro's head in BROAD DAYLIGHT. "Wow! Wow! Wow!" Everything became so crazy both me and Goro put our hands up and he steps infront of me to protect me. "Sanzu put the fucking gun down, before your drugged up ass shoots someone" Ran spoke up "Dude for put it down" Rin said something this time when Sanzu didn't put it down.

BANG!!!

Me and Goro duck our heads "WHAT THE FUCK!" I yell over the crowd of people scrambling around after that gun shot. Turns out Sanzu had lifted his gun up to the sky pulling the trigger. Goro lets me go and Mikeys men take a hold on me roughly "Ow." I complained feeling their grib "Becareful with her!" Goro tried to step in but got pointed with guns again. "She be fine" Ran said walking up closer to us ruffling my hair "Plus she's with us after all" Rin add tapping the other guys to let me go. "What is that supposed to mean" Goro spits with venom threw his teeth "What you don't see the family resemblance?" Ran talked to Goro in a baby voice while picking up my head so he can see all three of us better. I was still looking at the floor with only my eyes, but the silence from Goro was enough. "Come on now, your already late" I get another push from Mikey to move to the car and I get in.

We ended up not going to that strip club again instead we went to Mikey's penthouse, well one of them. Everyone got settled, setting up their computers, tech and placing pictures on a board. I held on to my bag tightly not giving anyone a chance to touch it. Once they all finished we all sat around the table me sitting on one end and Mikey on the other. There was silence in the room till Ran broke it "Y/n you've met Mikey and Mochi." my eyes slow rise up from the table to look at him "Now meet Sanzu..." he points to a pink haired male about to sniff a white substance, "Takeomi..." I look over to the man with a scar on his eye and has a cigarette dangling from his mouth, "Koko..." he's counting some money, "and Kakucho" he just looks straight at me creepy... "So your gonna hand over that bag or what" Sanzu says cleaning himself up "No. I wont be hanging anything to you. These files are private files, not for thug-" "EEhMM" ran cuts me off eyes widening looking over at the guns that are all around us, I mentally groan People can be so sensitive now a days. "These files a private files, they can't get be past around like a show and tell." They all look at me blank faced "but you obviously don't care" I whispered. I pull out my notes, pictures and of course the files. "Tell me what you know" i say to Mikey, he looked hesitant but proceeded "they've taken four of my men in the past month, now their fucking with my business" he grumbled "Maybe I should let them keep killing" I whispered grabbing the computer reading the information they have "what was that brat" Koko hissed "Nothing" I added . "Um the four men you listed here haven't been reported at all to the police." I claimed "I've been meaning to tell you about that.... Rin." Mikey looked at Rin giving him a nod, Rin got up from his chair and walked over to what looked like a closet and opened it.

The smell is HORRIFIC

I feel everything from the bottom of my stomach rise up "oh my..." I gulped quickly turning my head away. "Are you used to this stuff" I could hear Sanzu's smirk without even looking at him "I'm a private investigator! NOT a mortician" I gag "Suck it up. I need you to look at the bodies" Mikey put his head on his hand and i do so. They were all slouching and their mouthed stuffed with belladonna and of course..... with their eyes gouged out. Rin hands me gloves and I put them on praying that I wont catch anything. I squat down and reach my hands to the neck of one of the bodies observing it Mmm... I move the collar of his shirt by accident with my hand and gasped. "You got any scissors?" I say out loud "No." Mochi responded sarcastically and I turn to look at him "Of course we have damn scissors" He smirked tossing a pair to Rin giving it to me. I cut the dead mans shirt to be greeted with slash marks all over his body with one big cut on his stomach. "Shiiiiiiiit" Ran and Sanzu exclaimed So unnecessary I roll my eyes. I touch the scars looking at how many their were Nobody deserves to go out like this, at the end of the day, it is what it is. I take another look and start thinking again, but these scars... their at different times of healing I come to a realization. "Did you find the bodies together or did they come one at a time?" I ask "One at a time" I got a answer but I didn't turn to see who it came from If he has cuts that means.... I stood back up took the scissors and with one swift motion I cut all of their shirts at the same time.

Exactly what I thought.

"You may have found them at different times but they were all with each other when they died." I face myself to the rest of the guys "What makes you come to that conclusion?" Takeomi questioned "Well the lacerations on the skin are at different times of healing..." I point to different marks on the body "The mark on this guys stomach-" "John" Ran interrupts me "Don't care. His mark is at the same point of healing as this guy over here" I point to the decaying man in the middle. "Not to mention but they all died differently. This guy died from suffocating of the berries this can be proved with the bruises around the nose and mouth. This guy died from the poison of the belladonna you can see the rashes on his neck and around the mouth. This man died from both poisoning and suffocating and this final guy died from blood lost caused by the slashes." I finished .

It was silent for a bit...

Mikey stood up and so did everyone at that table did after him, he slowly made his way to me. His aura was scary and his cologne filled my lungs... he raised his and my head unintentionally lowered, but what I felt was his hand on my head. He ruffled my hair Im NOT a dog "nice work." He mumbled I see Rin and Ran walk behind me and I feel a pit in my stomach. Fuck. I feel a pinch on my arm and I automatically new what happened. I look up to Mikey and pulled out the needle that was in my arm without looking at it, then I turn around sloppy to Rin and Ran that were just looking down at me. My vision of them becomes blurry a bit "So much for 'family', huh?" My voice became raspy and I fall forward, Rin and Ran catching me.

Then everything went black.