Predator & Prey

It's been a few days since I had my meltdown. When we got home the was a box outside the doorstep with my name on it, it was the results from the lab on the berries. It was positive that it was belladonna and was indeed poisonous. I hid the box from everyone including the brothers in fear of ruining the good mood and the fact that they might take me off the case. I visited Hinata yesterday after getting nagged by Ran & Rin to go for half an hour.

YESTERDAY

"Alright fine! Just shut up!" I roll my eyes pushing Ran's face away from mine "You know we just love you so much." He pouts and make duck lips "I would've thought that you think therapy is for the locos" I say finally get him off "Oh dont get me wrong, I do! But you're our sister, you're nowhere near the crazies." he smiles tilting his head to the side "That doesn- never mind" I give up mentally. The other brother gets up from the couch not saying a thing, but grabs the car keys indicating for us to start going.

We get in the car with Rin driving, Ran passenger and me in the back. "Any recommendations?"Ran turns around to ask me "It's Called: Freefall ?" I request "So be it." Ran plugs in his phone, connects it to the car and we take off. I hum to the song while we drive, swaying my head side to side. A few more songs play before we get to Ms.Hinatas place. Rin parks the car and I get out, "Call us when you're session is finished, we won't be too far from here" Rin says fixing my hair that's been messed up from the wind. "Ok see you la- wait.... How do you know where Ms. Hinata wor-" "We'll see you in a bit!" Both brothers interrupt me in unison. Rin quick pulls out of the driveway and drives off, I sigh ...Stalkers.

I raise my hand to knock on Ms.Hinata's door "Come in!" She invites me. I open the door and is greeting with a big smile on her face and two cups of hot chocolate on her coffee table for the both of us. "Feels like I haven't seen you in forever Y/n, have you've been avoiding me?" She jokes and I chuckle slightly "Ive missed you too Ms. Hinata... I've just been extremely busy." I hug her before taking a seat, "So! Whats new!" She asks me excitedly Well not only did I meet the belladonna killer, I got my ass handed to me by him. Was involved in a murder case, killed my father and saw my mothers dead body. "Nothing much! Just been.... Hanging" I nod my head trying to sound convincing. "Trying to get to know my broth- .... The Haitani brothers. Im trying to push myself out there, you know? Be more social, but its like the more I put myself out there... when I'm actually happy the world shows me why its better to keep to myself." I take a sip of the hot chocolate as Hinata takes some notes on her notepad. "Well im happy that your at least trying, however.... Do you think your way of thinking is holding you back? In past sessions you will express the way you were treated at home, how it wasn't a very good environment. You said quote 'Its like I have to walk on around eggshells every day' end quote. So now that you're actually getting out there and finding yourself do you think you've let go of the past? If you haven't what are you trying to avoid? What's some stuff you might need to forgive you child-self for? What's something you needed in your childhood, but didn't get until now? What's making that difference?" Her questions shoot me in heart over and over again as I try to keep up with them. She hands me a peace of paper that has those questions on it "Ill give you a few minutes to think on its and write down your answers. When you finish we can go over it. How does that sound?" She tilts her head wait for my response "Um.. ok" I agree.

I stare at the paper for maybe 3 to 5 minutes before actually picking up the pencil given to me and writing my answers.

- Do you think you've let go of the past?
I definitely haven't. I think I keep the past around because it's the only thing I know. Its what kept me going till now.

- What are you trying to avoid?
Im trying to avoid repeating the future. Sometimes I feel like the brothers keeps me around only out of pity and that they'll eventually treat me like how my father did... maybe even worse.