The Sun Also Rises pt. 1

THE NIGHT OF THE sacrifice was inevitable. Leah knew this as well. But no matter how many times she had pictured this night it wasn't going anyway in which she expected. Half of her family was there which made her nervous.

"Oh my head. What's wrong with me?" Jenna asked. She as still having trouble understanding what was happening to her. I made sure to check if I still had a pulse knowing that if I died tonight I would come back a vampire.

"Do you remember what happened?" Elena asked as I looked around for sharp objects.

"You called me. You were so scared. Oh, ah, I should have realized that it wasn't you. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me. A vampire." Jenna said as I felt anger. We had done everything Klaus had asked. And yet he had chose to use Jenna.

"Klaus. It was Klaus." Elena said as I gritted my teeth.

"That bastard." I said as I clenched my fists. "Wait a minute, why are you here Elena?" I asked as she looked at me.

"He said you were resting. He came to get me." She said as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What, no. I'm so confused right now." I said as she nodded.

"Maybe I'm his backup." Elena said as I cursed some more.

"He made me drink his blood. And I don't...I don't remember anything after that. Where are we? What happened?" Jenna finished as Elena and I grabbed her hands.

"We're at the quarry. He brought us here." Elena said as I finally realized where we were.

"Why don't I remember anything?" Jenna asked.

"Jenna, do you remember...When I told you how someone becomes a vampire?" Elena asked. I finally found a sharp enough rock and grabbed it.

"Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system, it's... Oh god. He killed me." It finally dawned on her.

"Jenna, listen to me. Listen to me; everything's going to be okay. We're going to get you out of here." I said as Elena nodded.

"I'm a vampire?" Jenna asked once more.

"And I bet you're hungry." Greta said as she approached us.

"Get the hell away from us." I said as continued walking towards us.

Elena seemed to have the same idea as I did except she went to grab something sharp at the moment the witch was walking towards us. My eyes widened as she used her magic to throw Elena across the quarry and trap her in a ring of fire. I gripped the sharp rock tighter as I realized I only had one go at this.

I waited patiently as she got closer. Greta was definitely weary of me as she got closer. Her eyes didn't stray away from me until she was close enough to I'm sure feed Jenna. I slowly stood up so I was blocking her way to Jenna.

"It would be best if you didn't try what your sister just did." She said as I shrugged.

"Too late." I said.

Within the next second I thrusted the sharp rock into Greta's side as hard as I could. I knew I pierced through her skin as she gasped and hunched over. My victory was short lived as I too was tossed across the quarry. I was definitely winded as I laid there trying to breathe.

"Don't bother trying to get through. I spelled the circle. You're trapped. No matter what you do." Greta said.

"Greta...Please, just- just let her go." Elena begged as I closed my eyes.

"Klaus chose her." Greta said back.

"No" Elena called back as I clenched my eyes shut tighter. I wished this was just a nightmare and I would wake up in my bed soon.