As I Lay Dying pt. 1

AS LEAH GOT BACK to the house she couldn't help but take a peak inside her parents old bed room. It had been a long time since she has entered the room. It was easier to just pretend like the room didn't exist.

I walked up to my room with heavy shoulders. Everyone was in the living room just talking but I couldn't participate. Not with impending doom always in the shadows. I grabbed the envelope from John and sat down on my bed.

"That'll get easier. But you knew that already." Damon said appearing at the entrance of my room.

"Did you need something?" I asked as he shook his head.

"I came to apologize." He said. I sighed. I didn't want to deal with this right now.

"Damon..." I said tiredly to which he took as a sign to approach me.

"Please, Leah. Feeding you my blood, I was wrong." He said as I nodded.

"Yes, you were. I hope you aren't here thinking an apology is enough to fix this." I said as he looked away for a few seconds.

"I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, but... I need it." He said as I rolled my eyes.

"And it's always about what you need isn't it," I said with a scoff as he looked ashamed.

"No it's not, I just-" I cut him off.

"You just what? Feel bad? That's not my problem. You made the choice to feed me your blood, now you get to deal with the consequences." I said as Damon looked more upset but I didn't care at the moment.

"What will it take for you to forgive me?" He asked, almost sounding... desperate?

"I don't know, but for now I need time." I said as he nodded.

"Of course, take as long as you need." He said before exiting my room.

I put myself to bed early that night. Maybe the next day would be better. I woke up on my own that morning.

"Hey Leah, coffee?" Jenna asked as I descended the stairs.

"No I'm fine, thanks." I said not feeling in the mood for caffeine.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Jenna as I took a seat next to her at the kitchen bar.

"I'm good, still trying to manage the cravings but Stefan and Caroline are working with me on that." She said as she sipped her coffee. The new daylight ring sat on her middle finger nicely.

"You like it?" She asked me as she noticed my gaze on something.

"It's alright, I wish there was more selection in the stone." I said as she nodded.

"Trust me I asked, Stefan said this was the only stone that would work." She said as I shrugged.

"Small price to pay to walk in the sun I guess." I said as she nodded.

"I'm thinking about getting a necklace made so I can switch it up from time to time." She said as I laughed. Jenna would be the type to do that. "So I was thinking, today should be a family day. You, Elena, Jeremy, and I should go somewhere or do something." She said as I thought for a moment.

"No Alaric?" I asked as she shook her head.

"As much as I love him I think it's a day we need to ourselves." She said as I appreciated her effort. I was glad she was still alive. I don't know what I would've done without her.

"Sounds good but we're running low on food. How about I run down to the grill and grab us something. In that time you, Jeremy, and Elena can figure what to do today." I said as she nodded before using her speed to go to the kitchen. I blinked a few times still trying to process that she now had this new ability.