The Descent pt. 1

EVERYONE SEEMED TO BE getting a late start on their day. Leah however wasn't the last one to get up. Instead she had woken up at a decent time and went looking for her dear twin who wasn't in bed. Which could only mean she was at the Salvatore boarding house.

"I'm taking the car Jenna!" I called up the stairs, not waiting for a response I grabbed the keys and made my way to the boarding house.

"How is it?" I heard a feminine voice ask as I walked into the parlor.

"Definitely...better. Right, Leah?" Damon questioned, most likely sensing my presence.

I had to swallow the think bile which arose in my throat as I caught a glimpse at the wound on Rose's back. Discreetly I covered my mouth while looking casual and giving a tight smile.

"Mmhmm, looks normal..." I said, my acting was great, my lying... not so much well when it came to things like this, I was a terrible liar. "Ever seen what a staph infection looks like? It's much worse than that." I said as I scrunched up my nose and looked away.

"Where's Stefan?" Damon asked as I rose an eyebrow at him.

"Wrong twin sir, speaking of twin have you happened to seen mine, she looks just like me so shouldn't be hard to spot." I joked as Damon rolled his eyes.

"I thought you were his best friend, shouldn't you know where he is." Damon said as I rolled my eyes.

"Stefan and I have a more sophisticated friendship. We don't constantly text each other." I said as Damon looked at Rose who was studying our interaction.

"Stefan left. I need you to talk to him. He's convinced that he has to find Isobel but I think that's gonna upset Elijah." Elena said as she looked between Damon and I.

"No, can do. I'm with Stefan on this one but if you could play nurse for a little while..." Damon said as he looked from Elena to me.

"It's not necessary." Rose argued as she frowned.

"It is necessary. Elena is a do-gooder. It's in her nature, she just can't resist." Damon said as I gasped.

"What about me?" I asked as he shrugged.

"What about you?" He asked as I narrowed my eyes.

"Aren't I a do-gooder?" I asked as he shook his head.

"Doesn't matter you're coming with me." Damon said as I shook my head.

"I'd rather stay here with the twin." I said as he walked past me.

"Wasn't a question." He responded, I rolled my eyes.

"You can't just push me around and take me wherever Damon." I said as I followed him out of the room with Elena trailing behind me after a few seconds.

"That's never stopped me before." He said as I scowled. He was right, if he really wanted to force me, he could and he had.

"Hey Damon? What's gonna happen to Rose?" I asked as he gave me a look but said nothing. "Is she gonna die?" I whispered not wanting Rose to be listening.

"Probably. The wolf bite caused some kind of infection and it's getting worse." He said casually.

"Like poison?" Elena asked.

"I don't know, Leah. I'm not an expert in the field." Damon said, it offended me that he only mentioned my name with his annoyed tone but he was grieving without knowing it and I could tell.

"I'm sorry Damon." I said as he shrugged before looking at me.

"Death happens. We come, we go. Sooner she dies the better. It's gloomy as hell in here." He said, this left me slightly stunned, I would hope that he would have a little more of a reaction than this if I- I mean when I die.