Beginning

So I took the written exam and interview, easily getting in. I was careful not to get too high of a score though, casually slipping in careless mistakes here and there.

While walking to the venue for the test, I noticed Ryuuen, Ayanokoji, Horikita and Ichinose. Man, they all look like how they were shown in the light novel illustrations. The guys are ikemen and the girls are hella pretty. These aforementioned people all have a pretty imposing air about them so I recognised them immediately. Except Ayanokoji though, I had to look high and low for him. Sakayanagi... I didn't see her, perhaps she took the test in a separate venue due to her disability.

Anyways, I got into Class A. We weren't exactly allowed to bring our personal belongings so there wasn't much to pack, just a few basic essentials such as my pencil case, wallet, toothbrush and toothpaste.

Finally, the first day of school arrived. Unfortunately I couldn't catch the bus scene as I had no idea which bus the were on. I liked to be early plus the anime had animated the bus scene pretty well so I basically had all the details that went on.

Walking into the Class A classroom, I noticed that there weren't many seats filled. I was pretty early. I liked being early. I suppose it is just my personal quirk. A girl wearing a beret with a striped bow tie with light lavender hair slowly walked up to up to me.

"Hello there, I am Sakayanagi Arisu. I decided it would be great if we early birds could introduce ourselves before the late-risers come along, would you care to introduce yourself?"

"Umm.. Sure, why not! I am Tanaka Sei, from Tokyo. A fact about myself to let you guys know me better was that I was in band from elementary school til middle school so I'm hoping to join band in high school! Nice to meet you!"

"Band was it? Which instrument do you play?"

"I play the flute!"

With Sakayanagi's help, I was slowly able to pull in some of the girls in the class and formed a small circle.

After the bell rang, an announcement rang out.

[All students, please proceed to the school hall for morning assembly]

"Sakayanagi-san, do you need some help? I can accompany you to the lift."

"Oh that would be nice, thank you."

I looked at Sakayanagi, she was small and petite, yet she emitted an undoubtedly menacing aura. The novel had done little justice to her overbearing charisma.

"So, what do you want?"

"Oh no, it really wasn't anything special. I just wanted to thank you for helping me get along with the other girls. When you first meet someone, it gets a little awkward as you have no idea how to approach them."

"Oh it was my pleasure, I am merely hoping that the class would get along."

"Oh you jest, I'm pretty confident you'd play a pivotal role for our class."

"Why, would you like to assist me?"

"Can I really? I mean, I am just average you know."

"I trust my judgement. I'm pretty sure that even without my help, you would have been able to bring the girls together."

"Oh then I won't hold back!"

The iconic Horikita-senpai scene occured. It was so entertaining to watch things roll out. The first years were noisy then he silenced them in an instant. I was looking forward to watching their growth over these 3 years I would spend with them.

"Fufu, the student council president isn't someone to be messed with."

"Yep! He seems really menacing! If you and him were to fight against each other in a battle of wits, I'm pretty sure that would be an interesting show to watch!"

"Hmm? But should that ever occur, our class would be in trouble, you know?"

"I was just stating a hypothetical situation, you know. But if such a time were to ever come, I would be sure to assist you."

"My, thank you. Though I wonder why you are so eager to stay on my good side."

"Haha, it isn't anything like that. I just wanted to be friends with you."

"Friends.. huh.. Speaking of which, an interesting player has appeared."

Sakayanagi glanced over at a specific student - Ayanokoji

"An interesting player..? Oh is it that boy over there? I saw him at the exam venue. But he seems rather unremarkable.. your friend?"

"Well, it may be possible that he doesn't recall who I am but yes he is my friend."

"Hmmm..."

"Do you recognise anyone from your school? Since you live in Tokyo I assume that you must have some acquaintances."

"Ah yes well, I do but we aren't exactly friendly with one another, being in different classes."

"I see. As for me, other than that boy I mentioned I can't exactly recall the rest of the students whom I was familiar with, though some may know of me."

"You do give off that aura. Ah my friends are calling me, I'll leave you on your own"

"See you."

She had to be alone. To claim her pawn.