Discussion

[In Hashimoto's room]

Sakayanagi, Masumi, Hashimoto and I were all gathered.

"Erm.. Princess... would you like some tea?"

"That's a very tempting offer, but I shall refrain. Let's get down to the matter at hand shall we?

First of all, Tanaka-san, any news from your meeting with Ichinose-san?"

"Yes! From Ichinose, she told me that there would be a unique exam coming soon. She didn't tell me the details of the exam though, though that's only to be expected."

"The reliability of this source?"

"I think we can trust this one, apparently it's from Hoshinomiya-sensei, the form teacher of Class B"

Sakayanagi went silent for a moment, as if calculating her next move.

I mean, of course I know what the special exam is, it's the famous island exam. I remember reading that arc so many times I got sick of it. But if I tell Sakayanagi, it'll change the plot line of the story, so I'd rather not. Not only do I want to respect Kinugasa sensei's story, but doing so makes things easier for me.

"Hoshinomiya-sensei, was it? I highly doubt that the Teachers are allowed to even reveal the slightest bit of information, but considering the disposition of each teacher... they must have allowed for some sort of leeway. If my speculation is correct, I have no doubt that Class C is already aware of this information."

Yep, that assumption is probably correct, Sakagami-sensei is a very dubious person who seems to care a lot about his class, though not as much as Hoshinomiya-sensei. Either ways, his personality is rather nasty.

"Won't this be rather unfair for class D?"

"That isn't exactly our problem. That just shows to tell us how incompetent those deficient people in class D are. When we entered this school, it should be expected that all of us are on different playing fields."

Oof, Masumi, you're way too brutal.

"Now now, but it surely be interesting if Class D suddenly caught up to the other classes, wouldn't it?" Sakayanagi smirked.

"Yeah but... isn't that practically almost impossible?"

Masumi and Hashimoto cocked their heads to the side. They had little idea as to why Sakayanagi was saying such a thing.

In my opinion... Sakayanagi was probably just curious as to what Ayanokoji would do.

"Next, we met Ryuuen."

"Eh Ryuuen-san? Isn't he super scary? Sakayanagi-chan, what did he do to you?"

"Nothing really, he just provoked me a little. But I am rather upset. It seems like he would be making the next move. I called all of you here to prepare."

The three of us straightened our backs and improved our posture.

"First, Masumi, keep an eye on Class B, while Hashimoto looks out for Class C. There is no need for us to look out for Class D. Next, Tanaka, continue looking out for information about the exam. Feel free to spread word about the exam within the class, make sure everyone is prepared for what's coming. Once the exam is officially announced, please make sure that everyone knows what is going on. Finally, all three of you, try your best to make sure Katsuragi and his faction doesn't make contact with Ryuuen. And carry out what you're supposed to do with utmost discretion."

"Roger!"

With that, the three girls left Hashimoto's room.

Masumi's room was a floor above Sakayanagi's and my room so the both of us stepped out of the lift first.

"Sakayanagi-san, Ichinose wants to establish a connection to you."

"Through you, Tanaka-san?"

"Yes."

"Very well. This was part of a deal for that information, was it not?"

I nodded my head sheepishly, it was my mistake after all.

"...if you ever need some advice, feel free to talk to me."

Sakayanagi... she's surprisingly nice?

"Yes!!"

Lying in the comfort of my bed, I thought back on the last order that Sakayanagi had given me.

'Try your best to ensure that Katsuragi and his faction doesn't make contact with Ryuuen' huh...

In the original island exam, Katsuragi Kohei made a deal with Ryuuen to make them use up all their class points to give Class A their island supplies in exchange that all the students of Class A gave a portion of their points to Ryuuen every month. However, due to Ayanokoji's actions, both classes fell in the gutter and Katsuragi's hold over the class became smaller.

At this point of time, Class A still has a significant point gap between the other classes and this gap, although fluctuated quite a number of times, didn't really change over time.

I think it's more beneficial to keep to the original story for now. Plus, I think this entire situation was set up by Sakayanagi. Until, we get on the cruise, I'll do my best to prevent them from interacting with one another.

I got out of bed, took out a sticky note, wrote something brief and placed it on the wall, letting it join the dozens and dozens of other sticky notes.