Sneaking Out.

TRIGGERS: mention of death in the a/n

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

↣With You↢

As soon as you got into your room you locked it and pushed the chair under the handle so nobody could get in from inside of the castle. You wiped away the tears that had fallen onto your cheeks and started pacing the room. You didn't want to marry Wilbur but you didn't want to hurt him, he was already in danger with Technoblade constantly following you and the second he found out you were marrying Wilbur? All hell would break loose. That would put Tommy in danger too and most likely all of their close friends. You focused on your breathing and tried to calm down.

You just couldn't believe your parents would try and force you into marrying someone, especially when they didn't know how you felt about a person. You took some more deep breaths and sat down on your bed. Maybe reading would help calm you down, so you grabbed the book from your bedside and opened it. As you opened it, the piece of paper you put in there earlier. You had completely forgotten about it because of the stunt Wilbur and your parents tried to pull. You opened the folded piece of paper and it read as:

'Morning princess. So I'm just a thief? Then how about I steal from you? Thanks for that emerald ring and the portrait of you and that blonde kid. I might dump it in a lake or something. I'm not sure yet, but if you want to try and stop me you could always meet me at the Filthy Pepper Tavern tonight. The portrait will be waiting for you and come in a disguise so you don't get kidnapped and held for ransom 'cause that's my job.'

You looked at the place where the portrait used to be and like the note said, it was gone. How didn't you notice that? It was the biggest painting in your room, not to mention your favourite and it had randomly disappeared. You needed that painting back, not so much the ring but that painting was the only memory of the day you had with Tommy.

You started to prepare, you were going to see Technoblade and you were going to get this portrait back. You grabbed a satchel and filled it with things you might need like money, loads of it in case Technoblade wanted some for the portrait. You packed a change of clothes and an extra dagger in case of him snatching your other one. You grabbed all your sheets and the curtains from your canopy bed, tying them to each other to make a rope so you could climb down from your balcony. You tied your make-shift rope to the railing of the balcony and you kicked it into the corner, hiding it from any guards patrolling the gardens below. You were going to sneak out when the guards were switching over so nobody would catch you, of course you knew all of their patrol times because George told you them. He used to help you sneak out until all the suitors came around and your parents urged you to get married.

You put your book and the note into your satchel, you didn't know why but you felt like you needed it. You changed into some black trousers, boots a white shirt and you put a black cloak on your bed next to your satchel. Hopefully this disguise would make it less likely for people to approach you, you had to be cautious when you got to the tavern. You wouldn't approach Technoblade until you were completely sure it was safe and this wasn't a plan to kidnap you.

♚Time skip ♚

It was finally time, you had been sat on your balcony for the past few hours waiting for the guards to switch. You listened to the guard's boots smack against the pavement, when the sound of the guard walking was faint you threw down the rope you had made and began scaling down the side of the wall. You stayed staring up at the sky so you didn't freak out because of the height you were hanging at. As you finally reached the ground, you started to run to the stables. It only took a few minutes but it felt like years, you were shaking with fear. If the guards had saw you, you would have been forced back into the castle and then the plan to marry Wilbur would be put in motion.

You jumped up onto your horse's back and you put your bag in the pocket area attached to the saddle. You took the reins into your hands and he started to gallop out of the castle gardens. Normally, you would ride straight to town but when the guards noticed your horse was gone they would head straight there so you changed direction and went through the woods. You knew where the Filthy Pepper Tavern was of course, but it would be difficult to navigate through the woods so you had to stay at the edge of the tree line just so you could see the roads.

You were nearing the end of town when you heard guards yelling and asking villagers if they had seen you. The voices were getting louder and louder as the guards rode in your direction. You immediately forced your horse into a gallop and hoped you would get to the tavern soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 909

A/N: Omg more Techno content. I was gonna put this book on hold, and i did for a while but because of his death i want people to be able to go to books about him even in alternate universes for comfort. so thats why im going to continue to write this book. I'm also tempted to re-publish locked in love and continue it but i might just wait till i finish this one. I hope you guys are okay about his death, rest in piece Alex, long live Technoblade.

Drink some water and eat some food loves. xxx