The Third Hokage Forever...

----------------------

Breathing deeply, you look at the clouds drifting by and look at Gaara's defeated expression, you and Naruto both used up your chakra to nothing left.

You think back to your whole childhood. It's dark and alone, you never understood the word "family" or what it means. You were always the odd one out no one gave you the time of day because of the demon fox living within your body, it wasn't your fault at all, you didn't know why the village was sour to you and Naruto. To be honest, you hated them all the time.

Your vision slowly faded in and out of the darkness. It was heartbreaking knowing that no one comes to take your side, growing up alone. The thought alone made you reminisce on your and Naruto's own childhood experience when it came to being lonesome.

All the time, you and Naruto were left with nobody to turn to but each other. No friends. No parents. All of the kids gossiped and ran from you when you look at them, the other half showed how tough they are by bullying you, they pinned you against the wall, pulling on your hair, and being called a witch or monster. Sometimes they didn't treat or thought of you as a human. They thought of you as a nuisance someone to just disappear that was just the kids. The entire village viewed you as an abnormality some freak accident, and to just die.

Years of being called a freak, a monster, and being told to die. You didn't care anymore. Naruto is the only family you have. Naruto was the only person you can trust. The only person you loved and cared for. There was nobody else that you would open your heart to other than your brother. He fought your battles to protect you and you wanted to be like him, but more smarter and self-aware.

You trained yourself mercilessly to the brink of exhaustion. Naruto was all you had and you didn't want to lose him to the world. But, as time moved on you were lucky enough to meet extraordinary people of your own. Ones that are worth living. People who gave you a purpose in life.

You and Naruto have been in that place called: loneliness. But, you met people who brought you from the dark and carried you to the light. They save you from a life of depression. They accepted you for who you are and pushed you to be yourself.
You knew why we were considered a family: to stand together through thick and thin.

Suddenly, your mind is clear with a solution. You wince through all your pain and sorrow, your blurry eyes came to force on a pair of Uchiha eyes staring down at you. His face was full of light and emotions as his fingertips brushed against your cheek. You open your eyes.

"Sasuke," you mumbled. "What? Are you--?"

Sasuke closed his eyes as he sighed, "I'm fine, how do feel?"
You smiled slightly "I would've felt a whole lot better if you'd stayed back and hadn't pursued Gaara in the first place."
"Still sticking to the script of being the sarcastic one, I see," Sasuke mumbled. He bent down and pick you up bridal style. Seeing him so close face to face is mesmerizing.

 Seeing him so close face to face is mesmerizing