INT. LYDIA'S CAR

"Hoosiers is not only the best basketball movie ever. It is the best sports movie ever made."

"No," Lydia deadpanned.

"It's got Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper."

"No."

"Lydia, I swear to God you're gonna like it."

"No."

"I am not watching The Notebook again."

Kinsey shook her head. "Nor am I."

INT. VIDEO RENTAL STORE

"Can somebody help me find The Notebook?" Jackson asked. "Hello? Is anybody working here? You gotta be kidding me."

He came upon the clerk lying on the ground, dead, covered in blood.

Jackson backed into a ladder, which hit something, and the lights shut off.

Quiet growls sounded throughout the silent store. Jackson's eyes widened as he saw a beastly figure with glowing red eyes.

Jackson darted into an aisle of movies.

The shelves began falling.

Jackson's lower half was trapped.

The Alpha appeared and growled at them. It placed a claw on the back of Jackson's neck and Jackson began breathing heavily. The Alpha ran off through a window, shattering the glass.

Sirens blared and grew louder and louder. Officers holding guns appeared and began lifting the shelves.

INT. CAR

"Mm," Sheriff Stilinski hummed, looking into a bag. "Did they forget my curly fries?"

"You're not supposed to eat fries, especially the curly ones."

"Well, I'm carrying a lethal weapon. If I want the curly fries, I will have the curly fries."

"If you think getting rid of contractions in all your sentences makes your argument any more legitimate, you are wrong."

Dispatch said, "Unit one, do you copy?"

"Sorry," Stiles apologized.

Sheriff Stilinski picked up the walkie. "Unit one, copy."

"Got a report of a possible 187."

"A murder?" Stiles asked.

They made their way to the crime scene.

"Stay here. Paul, let's get this area locked up."

"Oh, no way," Stiles commented, seeing the scene.

"Why the hell can't I just go home?" Jackson wondered. "I'm fine."

"I hear ya, but the EMT says you hit your head pretty hard," Sheriff Stilinski replied. "They just wanna make sure you don't have a concussion."

"What part of "I'm fine" are you having a problem grasping? Okay, I wanna go home."

"And I understand that. I will in a moment."

"No, you don't understand, which kind of blows my mind, since it should be a pretty basic concept to grasp for a minimum-wage rent-a-cop like you! Okay, now, I wanna go home!"

"Oh, whoa, is that a dead body?" Stiles questioned.

"Everybody back up," the sheriff instructed. "Back up."

Stiles stepped closer to the body and noticed Kinsey. He rushed up to her and asked, "Kins, are you okay? What happened?"

Kinsey met his eyes, but said nothing.