As soon as Kinsey entered the sheriff's station, she saw Derek and Argent. "Sheriff? You wanted to to see me?"

The sheriff nodded. "As you know, I saw the specialist in L.A. He told me the same thing every doctor says when they're trying to avoid a lawsuit. "We can't say for sure." Then, I spoke with Melissa. These are the brain scans. My wife's and Stiles'. I knew they were similar. But these are the same. Exactly the same."

Argent showed her the papers and as the sheriff said, they were identical. Derek met the sheriff's eyes. "And I'm guessing this isn't possible?"

Sheriff Stilinski shook his head. "Not even remotely."

Kinsey frowned. "I know the trickster is still toying with us. But why this one?"

The sheriff sighed and met her eyes. "When I was in the Army, an officer told me, "If you want to defeat your enemy, you don't take away their courage. You take away their hope.""

Argent studied Sheriff Stilinski a moment. "You don't look like a man who gives up hope easily."

"But Stiles might. If this thing inside him, if it's using his mother's disease as some kind of psychological trick, then this isn't just a fight for his body. It's also a fight for his mind. Right?"

Argent frowned. "You know, he's left people severely injured."

"And several others dead," Derek stated bluntly.

Sheriff Stilinski looked to each of them. "That's why I need each and every one of you. I need people who are experienced in this kind of thing I need you to help me stop him."

"And by stop him, we're gonna trap him."

They made their way to the Argent penthouse so they could gather weapons. Once Allison had picked up a reasonable amount, she said, "This is everything non-lethal Carter and I could find."

"Take all of it," the sheriff ordered. "What's the plan here?"

Argent thought for a moment. "Our best shot right now is for Derek to try to pick up Stiles' scent at Eichen House. Especially if he went through something stressful there."

"Should all six of us be going to the same place?"

Argent turned to his daughter and nephew. "Where else has Stiles been showing up?"

"School, the hospital."

Derek frowned. "Okay, hold on. We did this already. He disappeared. We started looking for him. Then walked right into a trap at the hospital. He's getting us to repeat the same moves."

Allison let out a sigh. "So, what do we do? Wait for him to come to us?"

Kinsey frowned and shook her head. "No. That's not going to work. We don't have time for that. There's a risk that the Oni will find him when the sun goes down."

Sheriff Stilinski glanced at her. "Scott's working on them, the Oni, right now, with Kira."

Argent looked at each of them. "That's the problem. We're all trying to outfox the fox."

"Listen. I'll understand if anyone wants to back out."

Derek grabbed a weapon from the table. "I wouldn't be the first wolf to run from a fox."

Argent picked up a stun baton. "Apparently I'm carrying the lightsaber."

Carter chuckled. "Nice one, Uncle Chris. I've got my trusty bow."

Kinsey looked between them. "We're taking this fox down. I promised I'd rescue him, so you can bet I'll follow through."

Allison said to her father, "Dad, you and Derek hit Eichen House. Sheriff, you, me, Carter and Kinsey will hit the hospital. We all meet in the school."

Allison, Kinsey, Carter and the sheriff headed to the hospital and in the elevator, the sheriff turned to them and sighed. "You know what, I don't know how you guys do it. You're all so strong. You're fearless. Hell, you even manage to keep your grades up."

"I am failing Econ," Allison replied.

"I'm failing math," Carter mumbled.

Sheriff Stilinski let out a soft sigh. "Isn't that Coach's class?" Allison nodded and he continued. "Well, I'll have a talk with him."

A breath escaped Allison's lips and Carter turned to her. "What?"

As though the sheriff sensed something was wrong, he stopped the elevator. Allison began tearing up. "I'm not... Fearless." She began sobbing. "I'm always terrified. I... I act like I know what I'm doing, but I don't. I don't know if Isaac is dying right now. I don't know if I made a mistake with Scott. I don't know what my dad is thinking. I don't know if we should trust Derek. I don't know how Kinsey or Carter stay so strong. I don't know... I don't know anything."

She sniffled and the sheriff hugged her. "You know what's funny? You sound just like a cop."

Kinsey let our a sigh. "Allison, I'm afraid as well. It's okay to be scared."

She smiled and nodded. "Thanks, Tabitha."

Sheriff Stilinski's phone caught their attention and Carter asked, "What is it?"

His phone beeped and he looked at it. "Someone's breaking into my house. After Stiles started sleepwalking, I had some security precautions put in. Motion sensors. Cameras."

He clicked the camera and a room Kinsey knew all too well appeared. "Is that his room?" Allison and Carter asked, glancing to see Kinsey's nod.

Void was sitting on Stiles' bed looking directly into the camera and was waving.

"Oh damn," Kinsey muttered.

They made their way to his room as quickly as they could, and Argent looked at the sticky noted chess pieces. "What is all this? What are these sticky notes for?"

The sheriff gestured to the chessboard. "This is what Stiles used to try and explain to me about all of you."

"Cool. Maybe it's a message from Stiles. The real Stiles."

Derek noticed a particular chess piece. "You think there's any reason my name's on the king?"

Sheriff looked at the king Derek was holding. "Well, you're heavily guarded. Though, I guess the alarming detail is that you're one move from being in checkmate."

Carter studied the board and came to a realization. "This isn't Stiles' doing. This is a threat from the Nogitsune."

Allison nodded at what her cousin was seeing. "She's right. He's at the loft. That's what he's trying to tell us. And he wants us to come there."

"Night's falling," Derek and Robin warned.

Kinsey let out a huff. "This feels like a trap. And guessing from what I see next, it is."

Sheriff Stilinski glanced at her. "I don't think it is."

Argent turned to the sheriff. "I think your opinion might be slightly biased, Sheriff."

"Hear me out. What we're dealing with is basically someone who lacks motive. No rhyme, no reason, right?"

Carter glanced at the sheriff. "Meaning?"

"It's a trickster," the sheriff answered. "The killing is just a by-product."

Derek took a moment to think. "If you're trying to say it won't kill us, I'm not feeling too confident about that."

"It won't. It wants irony. It wants to play a trick. It wants a joke. All we need to do is come up with a new punch line."

Kinsey looked out the window. "Well, we don't have a lot of time. The sun's already setting. We need a plan. Now."

They made their way to the loft and Kinsey stood next to the sheriff. Void turned and smiled sarcastically. "Hi, Dad."