The trio walked into school the next day and a wad of toilet paper hit the back of Carter's head. He turned around and frowned as he looked for the culprit, but saw no one. He sighed and turned back around.

A familiar voice protested, "All right, that's my face!"

She joined the boys and Stiles said, "Hey, dude, good decision, buddy. Good Alpha decision."

Scott nodded. "I hope so."

Stiles shook his head. "No, you know so. Then I can take -- What are you looking at?"

"Me?" Scott asked with a frown.

"You. You looking at her?"

"Her? Who her?" Scott questioned, trying to throw off the suspicion.

Carter followed his gaze. "Kira. You like her, don't you."

Scott immediately began stuttering. "No. I mean, yeah, yeah, she's okay. She's nothing new."

"Ask her out."

"Now?"

"No; wait until it's too late. Yes, now."

"Right now?"

Stiles rolled his eyes. "Right now, Scott. I don't think you get it yet. You're an Alpha. You're the apex predator. Everyone wants you. You're like the hot girl that every guy wants."

Scott's voice took on a confused tone. "The hot girl?"

"You are the hottest girl."

Scott frowned and Isaac appeared. "What?"

"I'm the hot girl."

"Yes, you are," Isaac said, earning Scott's puppy dog smile.

During Economics, Coach yelled from his office, "Son of a bitch!" He walked into the classroom. "Mischief Night, Devil's Night. I don't care what you call it. You little punks are evil. You think it's funny every Halloween my house gets egged? A man's house is supposed to be his castle. Mine's a frickin' omelet. Oh, this? We're gonna do this again? I don't think so." He tossed the box to the ground and heard glass break. He opened said box to reveal a mug and picked up a note. ""Happy birthday. Love Greenberg.""

As soon as class ended, Isaac asked, "Barrow went after kids with glowing eyes? He said those exact words?"

Stiles nodded. "Yeah. And no one knows how he woke up from anesthesia. Just that when they opened him up, they found a tumor full of live flies, which in any other circumstance would be all kinds of awesome."

Kinsey stared at him. "Uh, yeah. No."

Lydia frowned at him. "Did you say flies?"

"Lydia?" Allison questioned.

"All day I have been hearing this sound. It's like this buzzing."

Kinsey's brow furrowed. "Like flies?"

Lydia glanced at her. "Exactly like flies."

Stiles ran into someone while they were looking for Scott. "Sorry... Hey, dude, where the hell have you been?"

Lydia frowned. "The police are leaving. Why are they leaving?"

Scott turned to her. "The police?"

Stiles shrugged. "They must have cleared the building and grounds, which means he's not here."

"Who?" Scott asked. "What are you guys-"

Lydia's lips pursed. "He has to be here. That sound, the buzzing I've been hearing? It's getting louder."