24; I loved you

Y/n's POV

YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSS!!!

I'll go tell Ran I'm about to meet the Boss then finally shove it in his face. He didn't even need to be here I'm figuring this out all by myself.

Wait how am I going to tell him? I can just go up to him and talk to Ran but Hanma would be curious and ask if he's my boyfriend.

I'm not sure why but I have this feeling that I shouldn't let Hanma and Ran meet. I can just do this myself.

No one's POV

"Hm I am unemployed currently so... I guess I can meet with him and see what's in it for me." you say shrugging. "Sounds perfect doll. I'll call him right now and tell him we're coming." Hanma says stepping away.

This is obvious. They know we're here. We're being set up but there's no backing out now, did Ran catch on-

You look over to Ran and see him do the signal that they prepared, and Izana's plan is working.

That's fine tho, all we wanted was to meet with Izana. Escaping is the easiest thing for us.

"Let's go Y/n!" Hanma says leading the way. From the corner of your eye you see Ran slightly behind you.

Hanma stands in front of a door and he smiles at the person behind you.

"Bonten~ you didn't fool anybody."

"Hanma, you beg to be a part of us so if I were you I'd shut my fat mouth." Ran spat. You look up at Ran, you were nervous to see who's behind the door.

My gut was right, I knew these two had some type of connection I felt it.

But Ran already knew who it is, the description said to him made it clear that this man is—

Hanma opens the door and slightly pushes you into the room. It was dark, dimmed lights. You feel someone grab your hand. "You're okay." Ran's voice reassures you.

The chandelier light gets brighter and the man in the huge chair turns around exposing his identity.

Your mouth widens..."No..way"

"Long time no see Y/n, Ran."

"MUCHO!"

"Mucho..." Ran covers his mouth as tears form in your eyes. "Long time no see guys." Mucho gets up from his seat opening his arms. Your body is shaking and Ran is standing there in shock.

He grabs both your necks and brings you in for a hug. You touch his body confused "You're real, you're alive."

"I'm alive Y/n" he chuckles patting your head. Mucho looks up from you meeting Ran's eyes. He hugs him tight and kisses his cheek. "I missed you guys." he adds.

You step back and eye him up and down in shock. Ran collects himself and holds onto your shoulders. "Breathe Y/n"

"Come, sit down both of you." Mucho welcomes you guys.

Mucho snaps his fingers and a woman runs in with bottles of water placing it on the table in front of us and leaves. Ran opens a bottle and passes it to you. He puts his hand on your back and pats it. "You're okay, you're fine."

"This reunion is sweet and all, but why did you bring us here," Ran asks crossing his legs. "Haha still has cautious as ever."

"Men don't change." Ran replies sharing a laugh with Mucho.

"Mucho...please explain." you said finally calming down. "Y/n, Ran, I'm sorry but...I can't explain why I'm sitting here alive in front of you two." he sighs.

"Why not?" you asks confused and saddened. "I cant... share information with the enemy."

"Enemy?" Ran questions angrily. You notice and put your hand on his knee giving him a reassuring nod. "Mucho, explain "enemy"."

"I'm the vice captain of a new gang thats out to get Bonten. I still value our relationship with one another so I've decided to have this conversation peacefully." his tone changes.

"What would you like to discuss then?" Ran asks.

"Stop looking for Izana."

"What are you saying?" Ran asks with darkened eyes. You suddenly stand up and put down the water bottle.

"After all these years... after all these goddamn years. You're back and you don't even have the decency to tell us what's going on? I cried, I cried everyday because of your death, I was about to kill Sanzu. But you're sitting here, right now, in front of me and telling me to butt out and not only that, refusing to admit Izana is alive."

Ran's attention turns to you and he notices your expression change. You look scary, your eyes have blackened.

"I serve under my king." he responds.

"Go to hell with your king. Was everything you ever said to me a lie?" you asks tilting your head. "Y/n, you don't need to know what's going on, just leave us alone."

"Your team comes and attacks us and you're saying to leave it alone. Real funny. You declared war." Ran spits getting up.

"I don't want any of you to get hurt from what's about to go down." Mucho adds. "Mucho." you said. "Hm?"

"I loved you."

Both Mucho and Ran's eyes widen. "I loved you so much, you'll never understand how I felt and how I feel right now. Please join Bonten and let us save the king." you reach out your hand.

"Y/n...I cant."

"Why not?"

"I swore my life to Izana."

"And he swore his life to me." you reply.

"That was years ago Y/n. It's different now, he's different now. He has no more humanity left. He's gone mad. I cant leave him Y/n." Mucho explains.

"We'll save him, we'll save Kurokawa Izana." Ran says. "No, stay out of it." Mucho adds.

You run and give him him a tight hug. "You always look out for everyone. You're so kind Mucho. Please let us help."

Mucho grabs your face and kisses your forehead. "Thank you. And Goodbye"

There was silence and suddenly Ran grabs your wrist pulling you away. The sound of bullets flying and men rushing towards you guys became clear. You guys run out of the place and dogs the bullets being shot your way.

"Fuck he's serious." you shout. "Y/n" Ran says tightening his grip on your wrist making you look up at him.

"Yeah Ran?"

"I'll protect you, so run as fast as you can."