35; You can't do everything yourself

Ran's POV

Fuck. I wish Mitsuya agreed but also I'm kind of glad. I want her to be happy and marry a good man with goals like Mitsuya. But I could never accept that, I'd hate myself. How can I give her to another man?

I don't want to live without Y/n. That's right! I can move to America too. But not anytime soon. First I gotta get her out of here.

Luckily because of Kakucho's weird training I know where the Yakuza is. I'll kill all of them, steal the money I promised her, and get her and Aki out of here.

But I threatened to kill her sister... would she want to be with me anyway?

My job isn't done here though.

__________________________

Back to the future

Y/n's POV

Y/n and Mikey are in your room sitting together in silence.

"Is our future really going to be different?" I ask.

"Knowing Ran, he'll sacrifice himself for his friends." Mikey sighs. I adjust myself on the bed and cover my face with my knees.

"We never said goodbye.." I sob. Mikey turns to look at me.

"Sanzu's dead." he announces.

"Seems like any man I get with just happens to die." you say as your eyes loose their shine. "Dumbass." Mikey says kicking me.

"I... never got to hold Ran. I never got the chance to truly love him and support him. All this time he was protecting all of us." I sob.

Mikey gets up and leaves. It's his way of giving space to other people. The second the door shuts you burst into tears and cry loud.

You get up and break everything in front of you. You smash the windows, kick everything off your vanity and throw out the clothes in your closet.

"Ran! What do I do now?!" you fall on your knees and start to punch the ground. "Please...please include yourself in my future."

After an hour you're laying on your bed reading text messages between you two from the past couple months.

Ran:
It's 12:00 am where are you?

Y/n:
Out. None of your business.

Ran:
Go home now before I come get you myself.

Y/n:
Stop texting me you're scaring the cute guys away.

No response.

Haha I remember that night. I was at the club after a long day and Ran showed up shooting every man in that place. He dragged me home and didn't say anything like that's a normal thing to do.

Oh there was also this one time...

He sent me a bouquet of flowers on the anniversary day of my sister's death.

If Aki met him she'd love him so much. He acted like a boyfriend, no...he acted like a husband to me.

Ran always made sure I'm fine. He genuinely cared about the person I am and never asked for sex. But he was also so cold.

I'm an idiot. I should've realized he was trying to protect everyone. I'm the only one who never realized it though, the others tried to tell me but I was way in my head.

Why am I always like this? All I care about is myself.

Ran I hope you ran into me in the past, I hope I got the pleasure to become your..... friend and I really hope you have us live a future together. If you can hear me, I love you.

_______________________

Back to the past

Ran's POV

Now what the fuck am I doing?! I wasn't born to be some hero I'm a criminal for gods sake!

Oh Y/n what have you done to me Huh? I'm always worried about you. It's just so hard

not to love you.

"Oh Ran did you have a fight with Mitsuya?" Rindou asks as the brothers are walking into their home.

"We just had a disagreement that's all." Ran yawns. Rindou raises an eyebrow at the tall latter "You can tell me anything you know that right?"

"There's nothing to tell!" Ran stretches his arms while plopping on the couch. Rindou rolls his eyes and walks into the kitchen. "Oh by the way we've got that confrontation with that loser captain tomorrow! Whatever his name is."

Ran's eyes shoot open and he quickly gets up running into the kitchen "what confrontation?!"

"Uh that guy who challenged us the other day he said something about no charisma?" Rindou tries to remember.

A no name captain... tomorrow. That's the guy who we ended up killing that got us into jail. That's how we met Izana...

We were the first ones in there too, meaning the rest of the guys aren't in there yet.

"We're not fighting." Ran announces. Rindou chokes on the milk he's drinking and looks at Ran flabbergasted. "Huh?! Why?"

"Because we're a part of Toman now, we can't just pick fights cuz some idiot talked shit." Ran shrugs hiding the truth. "I guess you're right but I thought we were the Haitani Bro's! Why are we letting some gang determine our actions?" he asks sitting down.

"Sometimes Rin, you have to let others guide you. You can't do everything yourself." Ran smiles shutting his eyes.

Maybe I should take my own advice...

"Well I have somewhere to be so see ya." Ran gets up. "At this time?" Rindou raises an eyebrow.

"Hey you're my little brother. So don't question me." Ran frowns and grabs his keys. "See ya."

"He's going on a date~" Rindou sings. "No I'm not!!" Ran shouts from outside.

The stupid yakuza. They better not have Y/n working today. Tomorrow is supposed to be the day Aki dies. So I've got to move fast and get the money.

Dad's old gun is coming in handy after all these years.

Ran sneaks in easily since he's used to stuff like this. Him and Rin would always sneak around and steal money or gold.

"Huh? The little girl? she's fine we'll keep her." says a man. "She begged for more jobs the other day." Another laughs.

"Pathetic little girl." The boss takes a smoke.

These motherfuckers I'll kill them.

Is that-

"Omar! Get me some sake." a man demanded. "Hurry errand boy." Another threw money at him and he left with a saddened expression.

That's my driver! I knew he had a background but this hits too close to home.

Whatever it's show time. My guns loaded and I'm aiming straight to the boss's head. To do this quickly, I have to shoot them all in the head. Easy enough.

Peeeeeerfect...don't- move.

3

2

1

BANG.

"Boss?!"

"Bando-san?!"

"Oi Bando-san!!!" all the men huddled around him and covered their mouth in disbelief.

"WHO DID THIS?!" A man started to look around.

I've got not choice it's now or never. I reveal myself and start to fire all my bullets hitting them all in the skull.

"How did you get in here— BANG

I shot and shot and shot. They all started coming from nowhere and I feel like I missed a head shot.