Confessing To My Bestie

- Tails POV -

Why does love have to be so difficult? I want to tell Sonic how I feel about him but I'm not sure how he's going to take it. Maria and Shadow already said that if Sonic hurts my feelings they'll hurt him back.

Maria: you ok Tails?

Maria asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

Tails: yeah I'm fine. I just can't stop thinking of Sonic I really want to tell him how I feel but I don't think I'm ready to be rejected.

I folded my ears down when I said that last part. A few minutes went by and me and Maria were still talking about how To build up my confidence so I can tell Sonic how I feel.

Shadow: so your still trying to figure out how to confess to Faker. Remember, me and Maria are here and if he rejects you and thinks he can get away with it, he's got another thing coming.

Tails: yeah, thanks Shadow. Oh Maria, can I ask you and Shadow something?

Maria: of course Tails. What is it?

Tails: um, well I was wondering if you two could come with me to tell Sonic how I feel. Just so I have a confidence boost. So, can you please come with?

Maria: of course we'll be with you till the end. When are you planning on telling him?

Tails: tomorrow at 2:00pm.

Both: we'll be there.

Hearing that from the two most protective people on Mobius made me so happy I hugged both of them till Maria basically had to tell Shadow to not kill me. Pretty soon Maria and Shadow left to go back home.

- time skip -

We were setting up for Sonic. I was nervous and was having second thoughts on this. I tried flying away but Maria just grabbed me and said

Maria: oh no you don't. I convinced Shadow to come here which was quite literally war. So I'm not letting that effort go to waste. Plus I know you want to do this and remember we're here for you ok? We are now and always will be.

She softened her tone with the last bit and gave me a big hug and kissed my forehead before Shadow called

Shadow: I see Sonic. Maria follow me up the tree so we can hear and see what's going on.

Maria: ok, good luck Tails.

She smiled and went up the tree as I nodded. Pretty soon Sonic arrived

Tails: h-hi Sonic how are you?

Sonic: I'm doing good little buddy, but why do you sound nervous?

Tails: well, Sonic I l-love you I've been too scared to say so but I'm not as scared anymore so I'm telling you how I feel. And if you don't except then it's your funeral literally Maria and Shadow are helping me. So I like I said before I love you Sonic I love everything about you your super sweet and caring. And for the 1,000 time I love you Sonic more than anything in the world.

Sonic: Tails to tell you the truth......

Maria and Shadow were worried about Tails, the poor little kitsune was too fragile to get rejected.

Sonic: I love you too little buddy!! I've also been scared to tell you, but I guess I don't need to now.

I was so happy me and Sonic were going to be together. A few hours passed and then I remembered that Maria and Shadow were in the tree and here's me and Sonic just kissing like there's nothing better in the world. A few minutes passed and we broke the kiss for air but heard yelling and saw knuckles and Amy arguing with Maria and Shadow then I remembered something and told Sonic

Tails: Knuckles and Amy don't like gay people. Maybe I should have just invited you over to my place.

I feel so guilty, poor Sonic he was having the same problem as me and just as we fix it and get together someone ruins it.

- Sonic POV -

Tails was so sad he wouldn't stop apologizing as he hugged me tighter and tighter. I kept watching the argument and it was slowly turning into a fight

Maria: back off just cause they like each other doesn't mean you can treat them like they're nothing!!

Shadow: and unless you get out of here soon we'll make you leave. You made Tails sad. So we'll make you hurt.

I heard Shadow growl at them as he pointed at Tails who was crying. Eventually I heard electricity and footsteps fading away.

Maria: ugh they have some nerve next time they do that I'm not going to let them get out of it alive.

Shadow: agreed.

- time skip -

We all said good night and Tails and I went to my place. And got into bed but I suddenly had an idea I reached over and gently pulled Tails closer to me and we gently kissed.