Chapter 27

Ashwin tried to get hold of Sivaangi the entire evening so that he could talk about why she looked so disheartened and depressed earlier but with the grand hall filled with relatives and music gave him no chance.

He stood beside Raksha welcoming the guests in an elegant silver suit while Sivaangi stood on the other side beside Sara in a rose gold designer saree paired with a shiny silver sleeveless blouse making their attires match with contrast.

Once the couple and the guests settled, the live music performance started blaring the speakers with the trending songs and the cousins took the dance floor. Sakthi pulled the boys and compelled them to follow him as he tried the hook step of Arabic kuthu and Sivaangi laughed and joined them forgetting her worries for a while.

The couple too joined them as they moved their bodies to private party while Ashwin signalled the musician who nodded and called upon Sivaangi to sing for them.

Sivaangi gasped and looked around while they all cheered for her to move up who went to stage and held the mic hesitantly. She raised her eyebrows at Ashwin in fear who just gestured her to take a deep breath and nodded making her sigh and close her eyes.

Naan pizhai
Nee mazhalai
Enakkul nee irundhaal
Adhu thavarae illai

Nee ilai
Naan paruva mazhai
siru siru thuliyaai
Vilum tharunam illai

Aazhiyil irundhu
Alasi eduthaenae
Adaikalam amaikka
Thagundhavan dhaanae

Adi azhaga siricha mugamae
Naan nincaha thonum idamae
Adi azhaga siricha mugamae
Naan nincaha thonum idamae
Naan pirandha dhinamae
Kidacha varamae ooooo

She kept her gaze fixed on Ashwin the whole time and involuntarily few tear drops spilled from her eyes, she was too weak, overwhelmed and exhausted. She composed herself and looked around once again at the cheering crowd and found her mama missing when her phone tingled.

"Meet me in groom's room"

She read it and sneaked to the backstage without anyone noticing while the family enjoyed the rest of light music. It was a little dark and right when she took her phone out to call him she felt a hand snake her waist and pull her inside a room.

Ashwin pinned her to the wall swiftly and locked the door as he kept his hand rested above her head.

Ak: are u gonna talk now?
He raised his eyebrows while Sivaangi twitched her lips folding her hands looking up at him

Sk: "Looking handsome"

She smiled making Ashwin roll his eyes

Ak: I know aana na adha pathi kekala, evening ennachu unaku?

Sk: atha sonnane thala Vali nu

Ak: I know u better Sivaangi

Sivaangi wound her hands around his neck and pulled him closer

Sk: then u should know what I want right now

She kissed him hungrily while Ashwin stood there balancing her and confused with her urge and restlessness.

He responded but she wasn't leaving him to take over as she changed their position and pinned him to the wall. Ashwin was now sure that something else was wrong and his girl was trying to distract herself by indulging in him, he saw how weak she looked while she finished the song and how sensitive she was before.