Chapter 35

Nadhiya stood taking in sharp breaths staring back at the person she dashed and the plate in her hand slipped making the flowers scatter around them. Joseph looked around and sneaked behind a narrow space to hide himself hearing someone.

Saranya: ennadi? Enna aachu?

Nadhiya came back from her trance and shook her head violently

Nadhiya: onnu la Anni, Kai thavari...

She stammered and wiped the sweat from her face as Saranya left mumbling her to come to the stage quickly.

Tears left her eyes as she felt her whole body weakening. She turned to run away from the place but a hand pulled her to the narrow space making her shut her eyes and look down.

She was shivering and shook her head to control herself from looking up as Joseph brought his fingers to her cheeks and retrieved it with a painful face.

He took a deep breath and called her in his weak breaking voice

Jo: Kanmani....

Nadhiya broke down sobbing and sat down, she still didn't look at him. She dint think she had the courage to do so.

Joseph rested his head back crying and watching the woman kneeled in front of him.

He didn't see the strong woman who overcame all the hurdles and raised a baby on her own, he saw a vulnerable girl who got her heart broken and was forced to face the cruel reality.

He saw her slowly standing up and Joseph kneeled in front of her without second thought making her gasp.

He removed his mask and looked up at her, who was now glaring at him.

Nadhiya: ethuku Inga vandhinga? Enaku than kuduthu vaikala en ponna aachu nimmadhiya kalyanam pannikatum. Modhella kelembunga

She tried to move but Joseph stopped her by holding her wrists.

Joseph: solra thagudhi ya na elanthuten dhan, aana sollamayum iruka mudila. Ena manichuru

He left her hands and gestured her to leave and looked the other side.

Nadhiya: ipo kooda ena poga vitruvingala?

She sniffed and straightened herself

Nadhiya: na po maaten, enaku unma theriyanum! Ethuku ena yemaathuninga? Ethukaaga ena thooki erunjinga?

She turned him swiftly holding his elbows as Joseph had his gaze down.

Nadhiya: Sollunga Joseph! Unakaaga en uyira kooda kudupen nu sonningale, ne illatha vaazhka arthame illadhadhu nu sonningale en...

Jo: AAMA!

he yelled making her jerk

Jo: Setha ponama artha milladha vaazhkaya than 22 varshama vaazhnthutu iruken!

Nadhiya: na vaazhntha vaazhkaya pathi theriyuma ungaluku? Hmm vaazhnthuruntha thaana solrathuku. Konja naal la Marathu pochu santhosham sogam ethume ena baadhikala. Sivu va thavara, Ava modha modhala ena amma nu koopta po mogathula oru sirippu vandhuchu. Adhu podhum nu nenechen. Ava podhumnu nenechen kaalatha thalla

Nadhiya wiped her tears and took a deep breath looking at him.

Nadhiya: aana ipo ithana varsham kalichu ungalta kekren YEN?

She stared back at him with blood shot eyes as Joseph settled down leaving a heavy breath.

_^_

Sivaangi was called to stage and she looked at herself one more time in the mirror and let out a breath to calm herself.