chapter 9 The efforts

what is it darling?" he asked as Emma replied "leave that phone, I want my hubby's time" she said tracing her fingers down his bare chest. "baby  don't be soo eager, how about you accompany me to the business trip on the day after tomorrow" he asked as she replied with a nod. pulling her into his embrace he whispered in her ear " take rest jaan, we still have a meeting" and with this he covered their bodies with duvets and drifted to their dreamland. 

on the other hand Lia was fuming in anger and jealousy. afterall they were just friends with benefits. she was burning inside after seeing her husband with his second wife when even after sharing a room the hardly talked to each other. 

it was evening, yn was serving food while everyone was sitting. she was pouring for Mr. Kim when he spoke in a polite tone while holding yn's wrist "sit dear i have something to announce" yn nodded and sat on her seat as r. Kim Started speaking" my children , jisun , Isabelle and I are leaving for Mexico for a year. Wehave to provide our services at the temple as per the faily rituals, I hope all of you will look after each other."

there was a sudden silence in the room. All the members were staring  at each other when Meg said "Appa we'll miss you and eommas tooo" everbody chuckled at her childish voice and soon the atmosphere was bright.  Only two people were sitting quietly on the table namjoon and yn.  

He kept staring at yn and a lot of thoughts were bustlng up his mind. "She is soo beautiful, I wonder how she stays soo down to earth. Her simplicity is soo attractive.  I don't know why but last my heart skipped a beat when I saw you in that state. You are doing something to me Yn. Last night was one of the best complete sleep I had in years." Joon said to himself.

The dinner was over everbody were in their rooms, yn had finished her chores and was going towards her room when Mr. KIM called her. She followed him to his study like a lost puppy.

After sitting on his rocking chair Mr Kim looked at yn with warm eyes.He held her hand and said " yn dear, you know we are leaving tomorrow and 1 know I'm being hard on you here but I really want you to fulfill my two wishes. Will you please."

Yn looked.at Mr Kim and smiled as she replied " Dad you don't need to request, just order me and I'll be on my toes" Mr Kim nodded with a smile as he said.  " Look first thing, in elders absence, it's going to be difficult for you to run the household but I request you to maintain it well as no matter how rich an successful you get you won't be content unless you have a warm place to come back." 

" I got dad. I have seen how Jisun eomma have always made sure that this house remains a home. I'll not disappoint you " yn replied with a smile as Mr Kim patted her shoulder. " and what is the second thing dad?" She asked as a sad smile crawled up his face. 

" yniee you see, I and joon are not very close like other two boys. He is mostly silent and cold. Actually when he was just 8 his loving dad converted into a strict teacher who built him up like this but now at this age he needs his emotions back. You see yn giving love is a different thing but he doesn't even know how to accept love. I know it will take time but will you please." Mr Kim asked with hope in his eyes.

" definitely dad but why don't you ask Lia. For this?" Yn asked to which Mr Kim replied " yn you and I both know Lia's temper,  bet she would give up in two days." He said as both of you chuckled. He opened his arms as yn embraced him and left the study.

Meanwhile Lia was in deep thoughts and picked up her phone and placed a call. 

Lia: hello oppa Yn I getting on my nerves now I want revenge.

??: sure darling so what's the plan.

Lia : soooo the plan is...........

??: fine,  I'll get things done.

Next morning yn was sipping her coffee while rocking her mind on her last night's conversation. That's when an Idea popped up her mind. She  smirked as she walked towards the open gym in the backyard. Joon was working out as sweat was dripping off his body. The white sando was all see through showing of his six pack abs.

Yn gulped at the view. "My eyes are blessed to see this," she said bitting her lower lip as she checked out her own husband. She walked closer as she picked up the hand towel and tried to wipe off the sweat of her panting hubby. 

Namjoon flinched on the sudden touch as he looked at her with pure shock eyes. He snatched the towel from her hands as he said "I....I-'ll ma-manage" and walked out 

Both husband wife were burning red as they smiled.

Namjoon said to himself "what was that?" As he placed his hand on his heart which was about to fall out of its place. While yn on the other hand was breathing heavy. She tapped her forehead in anguish. "Clingy is not my cup of tea." She said to herself as she walked back to the kitchen.

Later that morning at breakfast table namjoon Emma, Isabelle and Jin were sitting in a line while jisun meg lia and tae in the other. Mr Kim was sittin across the table whipe yn was serving food along with maids. 

She had almost served everyone and was serving joon. She placed a heart shaped omlete in his plate and he chocked of his breath.  Emma and Isabelle secretly smiled  at the cute gesture of yn. 

Like this for a couple of days yn kept making small efforts towards Joon.  He kept on getting awkward mostly but yn in this mean time  yn fell for him more.  She realized her love for Joon.